Help with an install.

Uno

n3wb
Reaction score
Thank again tangent for your valuable input. Electrical already installed the smoke detector boxes according to code. Plumbers are done their work so I'll keep a lookout. I have 5e UTP so I'll run that behind the panels for redundancy.

They recommended some plunger and roller switches. What is a better wired alternative which would also be as concealed?

I did create walls in jvsg on top of the blueprints. I'll revisit it with your suggested camera. I'm guessing you would recommend that for all the entrances?

You're right, I was sitting on a temporary scaffolding and that camera is mounted in the ceiling of the porch. I will be running a cat5e and a bell wire into a box beside the front door.

tangent

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
They recommended some plunger and roller switches. What is a better wired alternative which would also be as concealed?
Depending on the type of door they may be appropriate. Where were they recommending these? Over a long time, switches like this become less reliable. Where possible, magnetic reed switches are more reliable.