Help with implementing Face Recognition

alemon

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi,

I recently installed a hikvision DS-2CD2385FWD-I camera that I have connected via a network switch to a hikvision nvr model DS-7732NI-I4/16P. Both have up to date firmware. For the life of me I can't figure out how to get face recognition to work. I'm hoping to get a smart alarm on my nvr when a face is detected but no luck. Has anyone had experience with this?

Thanks

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi,

I recently installed a hikvision DS-2CD2385FWD-I camera that I have connected via a network switch to a hikvision nvr model DS-7732NI-I4/16P. Both have up to date firmware. For the life of me I can't figure out how to get face recognition to work. I'm hoping to get a smart alarm on my nvr when a face is detected but no luck. Has anyone had experience with this?

Thanks
That camera does not support face recognition.... Possibly face detection... Big difference.. and even that is a gimmick...

tangent

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Wasn't there a thread where face 'detection' was triggering on VW beetles?

alemon

n3wb
Reaction score
That camera does not support face recognition.... Possibly face detection... Big difference.. and even that is a gimmick...
yes, i meant face detection. that is what i'm trying to implement. this camera does support that.

58chev

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
FD is a gimmick, and flaky.
My Dahua saw faces in moving shrubs. And in shadows.
Another user had FD trip on his parked car's shiny body.
When I implemented FD on one of my cameras, I got bombarded by over 400+ emails in in less than 3 minutes.
GMAIL cut me off for 24 hrs, thinking I was spamming.
The pictures was nothing but sun and shade and I could not even discern where the camera was seeing a face.

Reaction score
All "smart" series cameras I've tried with face detection haven't worked very well...at all. It constantly tags vehicles rims as faces, doesn't actually detect faces and when it rains, constantly triggers FD events.