Help with IP Camera purchase

mike2874

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Not exactly sure what you are asking other than it's just plugged into one of the routers ports. I connected from the Non-POE port of the Trendnet TPE-S50 to one of my router ports.

Last edited by a moderator:

Elexorien

n3wb
Reaction score
They are just trying to figure out how your network is configured.
What is the IP of the computer you are trying to connect to the camera with, and what devices are between your computer and the camera?

If you are on 192.168.1.X and the camera is on 192.168.0.X, they will not be able to talk unless you have a router or layer 3 switch between them. If your computer is already 192.168.0.something than it could be an error with the network hardware. Knowing how it is all configured will help.

mike2874

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thanks Elexorien wasn't sure what fenderman was asking.

Computer IP Address

Between the computer and camera is my TP-Link Archer C-7 Router and the Trendnet POE Switch.

mike2874

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
A snapshot from CMS software version 6.1.2.5... Amanda from Longse just sent me version 6.1.31.4 this morning. If I wanted to upgrade to newer version is it alright to install over older version?

Since I'm posting about the Longse LBW90S500 should I be asking for help in Q's thread?

Attachments

mike2874

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hold the presses I got it connected! Turns out the CMS tool was not actually making any changes even though it registered it had. Amanda's email also included an IP Search Tool and it actually worked so I'm now on the cameras webpage & I have added it to BI.:D

I'm afraid to make any further changes in case I mess it up but the Search Tool shows the Http Port as 80 & RTSP Port as 554. Is this correct?

Also when I added the camera to BI the Media/Video/RTSP port is 80 & the Discovery/ONVIF port is 80. Are these settings correct?

Elexorien

n3wb
Reaction score
Yup, if it works, then it's correct :) As long as BI is set to look on the same port the camera is configured to, it does not matter what the actual number is. If you change it to 100 on the camera, than you have to change it to 100 on BI for it to work. if you plan on using RTSP then just make sure whatever program you are using is looking on port 554.

mike2874

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Yup, if it works, then it's correct :) As long as BI is set to look on the same port the camera is configured to, it does not matter what the actual number is. If you change it to 100 on the camera, than you have to change it to 100 on BI for it to work. if you plan on using RTSP then just make sure whatever program you are using is looking on port 554.
Thanks Elexorien!

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I know this issue has been confirmed with Longse cameras...has this also been confirmed with other cameras @fenderman?
Not that I am aware of...it appears that mike has longse cameras that is why i mentioned it.

mike2874

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score

Attachments

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Back with another question as I mentioned earlier I'm able to view the camera via the camera web page and through BI. Well that is until I started changing the settings using Q's screenshots https://www.ipcamtalk.com/showthread.php/13701-Complete-Longse-Herospeed-firmware-interface-settings-tree

After changing the settings I still have a working live view from the cameras web page but have lost the signal through BI. Any idea what change effected BI?
you likely changed the ip address or port numbers..

mike2874

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Fenderman I got BI to see it again by restoring to factory settings although I still have no idea what happened. If you don't mind I'd like to follow this up in Q's Longse LBW90S500 thread since it deals specifically with this camera & software.

mike2874

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Wasn't sure if this should be posted in nayr's thread but if so feel free to move it.

As mentioned in Q's thread Just Ordered A Longse LBW90S500 (post 197) I really wasn't that happy with the picture quality of the Longse. I decided to purchase a better camera to replace the Longse and fenderman suggested the Dahau Starlight Varifocal Turrent. The Longse will get moved to the south end of my house not covered by the Dahau.

Anyway guess I'm one of the lucky ones because my Dahau Starlight is arriving tomorrow. It's pretty cold here right night so could be a couple weeks before I swap out the cameras. In the meantime I'll hook it up inside and play around with it including setting it up in BI.

1. I'll also try to get familiar with the Starlight's online settings but not knowing enough will initially leave at default settings. Are there some settings you can recommend I change from default?

2. Nayr has a video that shows the Starlight setup for PTZ Auto Tracking. Is this something I could setup to track my dogs in the back yard or probably totally beyond the ability of a novice like me?

3. When I originally ran the cable to the Longse I ran a solid copper 30' Cat6 Shielded Outdoor patch cable. Never having used this type of cable before I was surprised how inflexible it was and not the easiest to connect to a POE switch. I'll be running another 15' patch cable since I'm moving the Longse to the end of my house.

It's a pretty short run so was wondering if the same cable in Cat5 would be sufficient and at the same time be more flexible? When you connect a Cat6 Shielded Outdoor cable to a POE switch (it being so lite) the cable is so stiff it feels like it could rip the port out. My POE switch doesn't even set flat on my desk and now I've got to connect another Cat5 or Cat6 cable to it. How do you guys handle this?

Thanks!

Mike

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
the turret is not a PTZ; that video you found is of my $650 Black Face Dahua PTZ (not a starlight)..

mike2874

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
the turret is not a PTZ; that video you found is of my $650 Black Face Dahua PTZ (not a starlight)..
Oh ok thanks for clearing that up a little out of my price range... a lot out of my price range. (lol)