Herospeed XVR HI3135A problems with PTZ

Elanus

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello I'm new to the forum.

This week I set up a security system. We got a local branded DVR connected 4 fixed cameras and a locally branded chinese PTZ. The PTZ can be controlled and configured using the in-camera OSD by the DVR and the Internet explorer OCX plugin web interface. However I have not been able to set presets to configure a patrol path.

The DVR PTZ control interface has a preset dialog to set them but presing the "SET" or "CALL" buttons does nothing. The PTZ OSD has no option to set or add presets, it can only use their ID's for all the patrol paths.

The PTZ manual also has a list of preset numbers for calling standard functions like 95 for entering in-camera OSD, but calling any of them does nothing. There seems to be a problem with communication in this regard.

The configuration of both devices seem to match, as is shown on the two screen captures I'm attaching.

On the net I found this DVR to be a Herospeed XVR HI3135A, my unit has a firmware version 6.1.52.3 (named internally as XVR_HI3531A_8_v6.1.52.3). On the Herospeed webpage I found a firmware named
XVR_HI3531A_8_v7.1.47.1.

I'm considering updating the firmware as it may fix my problems if there is an issue with protocol standars but I have read some people have bricked their DVR's by using stardard firmware in branded units.

I hope someone can give me an advice on this problem.

Attachments

Elanus

n3wb
Reaction score
Yes, the DVR has two pairs of terminals, I have the PTZ connected to the RS485 T+ and T- the polarity has been checked. I can control the PTZ and all controls work except saving presets to create a patrol or set an A-B pan.