Hi all. Am asking for opinions.

PsiDOC

n3wb
Reaction score
Another newb thread looking for advice and opinions... Sorry, please forgive me. I appreciathe these threads must get monotonous.
Anyhow, on with the thread.
History:
Last year I put in an elcheapo Sricam PT (no Z) 2 cam system on wifi to an access point then inside the house down a cat 5 to a basic NVR connected to the internet router.
The network side including the wifi is stable and I am clued up on that side of things anyway so that's no big deal.
The system is used predominantly for security as I live in a rural area and for the occasional watching of foxes and wildlife in the garden / top of my field.
Now:
The cams have in all honesty served their purpose as a starter system but the domes require very frequent cleaning to prevent dust glare from the IR LEDs, so now I have a wee bit of cash in the bank (£350 or so) it's time for an upgrade.
After reading all the recommendations on the Dahua IPC-HDW5231R-Z I thought they'd be ideal and the Starlight cmos is something pretty amazing, however with them being fixed position, sadly they are a bit of a no go as I would like to keep the Pan / Tilt functions. On a side note the POE and running CAT5/6 to the cameras isn't a problem either.
So with this in mind my wish list includes PTZ and Starlight used for security / occasional wildlife. I have been looking at some of the Cameras from a Manufacturer called YUCHENG who advertise they use the Sony 291 Starlight CMOS.
The ones in particular I am looking at are linked below (eBAY Link). They don't burst the budget too far and looking at the demo cam on the CamHi app they seem pretty good.
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/192342059219

Has anyone got any opinions on YUCHENG or the cams I am looking at? I couldn't find any information oropinions on them at all. Also are there any other makes / models I should be considering?
All opinions appreciated.
Cheers.

Si

As an eBay Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
sricam is bottom barrel crap...no name cams on ebay are worse...you likely dont need ptz - are you sitting there 24/7 monitoring the cameras? if not you will be better off with two fixed cameras vs a ptz..

PsiDOC

n3wb
Reaction score
Fenderman. Thanks for the reply.
No. I would like PTZ thanks. Reason for this is monitoring the road outside the house and being able to turn the camera around to watch the garden without climbing 12ft up a ladderevery time I wish to do so.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Fenderman. Thanks for the reply.
No. I would like PTZ thanks. Reason for this is monitoring the road outside the house and being able to turn the camera around to watch the garden without climbing 12ft up a ladderevery time I wish to do so.
get two fixed cameras....what is going to monitor the road when you are watching the garden? you either need to monitor the road or not...Google Murphy's law...
want to buy a junk ptz? get ready to climb the ladder and replace or have other issues....you will need to up your budget.

PsiDOC

n3wb
Reaction score
Thank you for you input. It is duly noted and appreciated.

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Another newb thread looking for advice and opinions.....
So with this in mind my wish list includes PTZ and Starlight used for security / occasional wildlife...
HI PsiDOC,

As bigredfish mentions there are some really nice Dahua Starlight PTZ models - some in the $3xx price area, so they should be worth checking out.

For example this model ( taking example from Andy's Empire Tech store )
New Arrival 2MP 25x Starlight IR PTZ Network Camera SD49225T-HN ,free DHL shipping
Price: US $345.99 / piece
Discount Price: US $328.69
Aliexpress.com : Buy New Arrival 2MP 25x Starlight IR PTZ Network Camera SD49225T HN ,free DHL shipping from Reliable network camera suppliers on Empire Technology Co., Ltd

You can find more info on that model by searching the site, as well as finding info on contacting Andy ( EmpireTecAndy )