Hi- Dahua NVR WIFI/VPN/iOS?

bluebrush

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi,

Total newbie in the ipcam area but good background of other tech. This forum comes up a lot on google when I have been researching!

I guess my total newbie question is probably best here?

Looking to set up 4 dahua turrets to one of their NVRs with smd/ai etc (I could but don't have the time to go down blue iris/pi route etc)

Ideally I would like notification when a person is on the driveway, to my iphone. How do i do this- while maintaining reasonable secOps?

In the UK is seems common to use a QR code, and the DMSS app - is this naive?

Do I need to set up a VPN? If so can I do that with a VM router or I need a standalone? Would I only get alerts on my Iphone when I am then on the VPN?

I am looking for security against bots that is as good as the Ring doorbell I am replacing

Thanks

ludshed

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Get the pro or ultra series nvr, it has a robust firewall and IDS. If you wanted to go the vpn route almost all newer routers have it built in and easy to configure.

bluebrush

n3wb
Reaction score
Get the pro or ultra series nvr, it has a robust firewall and IDS. If you wanted to go the vpn route almost all newer routers have it built in and easy to configure.
I think I have only seen the WizSense NVR so far (in my budget). Does that come with firewall?