HI-DDNS lost connection (device offline)

Twostone

n3wb
Reaction score
now I have found the nice solution with the iVMS4500 using HiDDNS. It works nice BUT the DDNS seem to loose connection because it very often shows "device is offline" even it isn't. I tried the forwarding of the 4 ports in the router, didn't help, tried to use uPNP, didn't help, tried different DDNS (hik-online, eudev.hik-online, cn.hik-online,...)
My camera has no adjust for region, what might be the reason for that the DDNS say, device is offline?

Twostone

n3wb
Reaction score
I tried it with uPNP and manually by forwarding the 3 or 4 ports in the router. Both same problem

Twostone

n3wb
Reaction score
might the problem be the ipv6-changing behaviour of the speedport ?

P9dyl

n3wb
Reaction score
now I have found the nice solution with the iVMS4500 using HiDDNS. It works nice BUT the DDNS seem to loose connection because it very often shows "device is offline" even it isn't. I tried the forwarding of the 4 ports in the router, didn't help, tried to use uPNP, didn't help, tried different DDNS (hik-online, eudev.hik-online, cn.hik-online,...) My camera has no adjust for region, what might be the reason for that the DDNS say, device is offline?
I am having the same problem in the last couple of days.

Before that all was fine, I could connect to my cameras remotely via Hik DDNS and also ezviz. Now I get error message that device is offline.

I am away with work so have been trying to go through the menus with the wife, the only thing I noticed that the device location keeps going back to Italy as default whenever I try and set to England and save I get "Device Offline" and it goes back to Italy.

I'm with Sky Fibre and wonder if the software on the router may have updated and caused some issues.

Is anyone else in the UK having trouble with DDNS or Ezviz cloud in IMS 4500 app?

marku2

Known around here
Reaction score
Log out of your account then log back in
That fixed my offline problem as the old ddns has moved into Hik-Connect