Hi From UK - Advice on first home CCTV

Reaction score
Hi,

I am looking for some advice on my first home CCTV. Can you recommended a camera? I want 1080p. Activity alerts. Remote access. Do I need a DVR? I already have a HP Microserver which I use as my media center. Could it also record my footage instead of a DVR

Appreciate your help. Thanks

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi,

I am looking for some advice on my first home CCTV. Can you recommended a camera? I want 1080p. Activity alerts. Remote access. Do I need a DVR? I already have a HP Microserver which I use as my media center. Could it also record my footage instead of a DVR

start reading the forum...

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hi,

Welcome Ministrymason,

Here's a kick start on getting started here:

It's easy to get swamped with information here, so I wanted to share some notes with you

Please check out @giomania 's notes:
Dahua Starlight Varifocal Turret (IPC-HDW5231R-Z)

I have also made which are a summary of a lot of the reading I've been doing here,:
Looking for some advice and direction!

Have fun joining us here.

Reaction score
Welcome Ministrymason,

Here's a kick start on getting started here:

It's easy to get swamped with information here, so I wanted to share some notes with you

Please check out @giomania 's notes:
Dahua Starlight Varifocal Turret (IPC-HDW5231R-Z)

I have also made which are a summary of a lot of the reading I've been doing here,:
Looking for some advice and direction!

Have fun joining us here.
Thanks. They are great places to start. Mroe helpful than the post above. hard to know where to start