Hi. Here to learn about Hikvision and other doorbell cams

Dave S.

n3wb
Reaction score
Howdy. Dave here. Glad to find this forum. I need to learn more about doorbell cams. I was looking at a Hikvision small PoE Door Station (DS-KV8113-IME1). I'd like to buy from my regular electronics store (which carries a lot of stuff/ and almost every brand), so I can get help if anything goes wrong. For a few months now, my store keeps saying 1-2 weeks to be back in stock. I've seen a few recent articles about some Hikvision products blocked for sale in the US, but not sure if this is what is going on with the Door Station doorbell I picked out. I'm just looking for a good quality, outdoor, PoE (no wifi) simple doorbell cam with good detail, night vision, and motion detection with full duplex audio to go with a good quality, easy to use/program NVR for 4 cams/around 4TB HD, all ONVIF compliant. I've never used any product like this, but tried to educate myself. Advice welcome. Thanks in advance.

Flintstone61

Known around here
Reaction score
Yeah alot of the consumer grade doorbells are wifi.....
I'm no help
somebody will hopefully jump in with some info
I have the AD110 from Amcrest, running on the Amcrest smart Home App. also put the iP address into Blue iris and and can record and view it there.

Griswalduk

Known around here
Reaction score
Ive seen various news articles saying there's a world wide shortage of micro chips at the minute. I think all manufacturers are competing for what's available. Might explain any delays in your store.

I'm currently doing work around the house and even building materials are thin on the ground and what's available has a premium attached. It's taking the world a while to wake up again

btw welcome aboard Dave