Hi, I would like some recommendations on a security camera system.

DaHoBO

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello all,

I am new to the site and would like you take on this?
LaView 4MP 2688 x 1520P Full PoE IP Camera Security System, 8 Channel H.265 NVR w/ 4K Output, 6 x 4MP Full HD (2688 x 1520) In / Outdoor IP Cameras (No HDD Included, Sold Separately) – NeweggFlash.com
I am looking for 6 external cameras and saw the above link posted.
I have a very well lit drive way and porch lights and lighting around the home. I am also looking for a 2 way intercom/camera doorbell which can be integrated into a NVR. I am also open to suggestion to a server/workstation hosted software based recorder. I was wondering what are you takes on the item posted above. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hello all,

I am new to the site and would like you take on this?
LaView 4MP 2688 x 1520P Full PoE IP Camera Security System, 8 Channel H.265 NVR w/ 4K Output, 6 x 4MP Full HD (2688 x 1520) In / Outdoor IP Cameras (No HDD Included, Sold Separately) – NeweggFlash.com
I am looking for 6 external cameras and saw the above link posted.
I have a very well lit drive way and porch lights and lighting around the home. I am also looking for a 2 way intercom/camera doorbell which can be integrated into a NVR. I am also open to suggestion to a server/workstation hosted software based recorder. I was wondering what are you takes on the item posted above. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,
Welcome DaHoBo

In general it should be OK. Most of the affordable kits have some compromises to keep the prices lower. For example the cables included in the kits are often not very good as they are CCA not solid copper wires, and the cameras are often a "lite" version compared to better models. So I would recommend getting good bulk cat5e/cat6 cable for your install.

Many of us have opted to go with better quality setups by customizing our kits. The 2mp Dahua OEM starlight cameras being very popular among those of us needing good low light capability.

Unless you're under an immediate threat issues, I would recommend taking some time to determine what your needs are ( cliff notes in the wiki will be helpful to assist you here ) and not worry about jumping in on that deal until you've taken a closer look at determining what you need / want in a security camera setup.

Also note the mentioned LaView kit i believe is a Hikvision OEM, thus it should work best with Hikvision OEM cameras, so a good add for a doorbell cam would be the LTS / LaView / Nelly's hikvision OEM wifi 1080p video doorbell.

Do take a look at the various notes we have assembled here:
IPCamTalk WiKi | IP Cam Talk

Last edited: