Hi there , I have a question maybe you can help

Reaction score
Crap. Nobody knows. I'm gonna go nuts. Ahhahaha

zero-degrees

Known around here
Reaction score
I thought I counted 6 wires from the picture. Sorry, I really don't know what type of connection it requires then. Good luck.

Just because RS232 has 9 pins does NOT mean you need 9 wires... Many rs232 connections have 1 to 9 wires, for example my company makes a GPS interface with an rs232 connection but we only run 4 wires from the gps dome to the rs232 connector.

I think you might have gotten a steal of a deal on an old outdated camera for a reason.

The time your spending on this you could just purchase an updated current NVR and some nice IP cameras - afterall this forum is "IP"camtalk :) Just giving you a hard time

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Maybe im missing something, but that camera has a mac address sticker..that tells me its a network camera. The analog out may simply be an auxiliary (many network cameras have analog out as well)... The wires that are cut may be for an ethernet connection...you only need 2 pair (4 wires) for 10/100...

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks @fenderman But this camera has me stumped !! I'm lost.
ok, I see there is an ethernet port on the camera...so it is an ip camera, i guess you are trying to use it with the analog output to a standard DVR...so the seven wires are for some sort of interface like RS-485 RS-232C, RS-422. I have no idea how they need to be wired..You might simply consider hooking it up to your network and controlling it with a mobile app or pc...

vulpes

n3wb
Reaction score
@fenderman I might be wrong, but isn't there an ethernet port staring us in the face on one of the pictures? You can see the copper pins going in the rj-45 shaped hole.
Edit: One minute late

Last edited by a moderator:

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
@fenderman I might be wrong, but isn't there an ethernet port staring us in the face on one of the pictures? You can see the copper pins going in the rj-45 shaped hole.
yes, you are correct. I noticed it a few minuets before your post when i looked at the photos again.

zero-degrees

Known around here
Reaction score
nice catch @fenderman and @vulpes - I"ve been so busy staring at the connections and going off "standards" i totally (like others I think) missed the ethernet pic in two of the pictures... I'd say plug it into a router, power it up, and wireshark it to get the IP address then hit that IP and see what you can config.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
Ok guys. Now I'm Officialy lost.
Basicly I can't hook this up to my dvr? Even though I'm getting picture and power. No way to control the ptz!

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Ok guys. Now I'm Officialy lost.
Basicly I can't hook this up to my dvr? Even though I'm getting picture and power. No way to control the ptz!
you could...you need to figure out the 7 pin wires....the point is this is actually a network camera and you can view the camera using a mobile app or pc AND also connect it to your dvr...using the mobile app you can easily move the camera.