Hidden Camera Housing: Share your DIY solutions

Reaction score
I have a small project i'm working on to make my own PoE "nanny cam". I got an "ELP 1280*720p 1.0 Megapixel Mini IP Camera,Mini Hidden Network Camera,Onvif" from Amazon with the intention of mounting it inside of a digital alarm clock or some similar housing. I'm having doubts on what exactly I should go for, and i'm looking for suggestions. The camera is about 2'' x 2'' x 1'' deep, plus i'll have to fit the ethernet and power connections inside whatever housing I use. I've considered using something OTHER than a clock, so that there isn't anyone looking directly at the camera and potentially discovering it, but i'm at a loss for ideas.

If you've constructed anything like this, please share! Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

LittleBrother

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Not sure I'd do a clock because it limits where you can place it. I'd personally try in a book spine, or even glue a few together if necessary for sufficient thickness. A plant high up is also great because who really looks at those.

A hidden camera is very easy really. What is difficult is making it a true hidden nanny cam; something that a person who in that room a lot and likely to walk around and study it in detail will still be unable to find.