Hidden cameras not showing in combined mobile view

maxtoid

n3wb
Reaction score
Since the BI support team seems to have been raptured (my extended support subscription just renewed today, although I'm not sure why given that the BI support team has not bothered to even respond at all to my last two support requests, the first one being almost a month ago), I figured I'd take my questions here:

So here's what I've got. Had a 20-camera BI setup at my old house before a tornado destroyed it and most of my belongings back in April. I managed to salvage the NVMe SSD that my BI config lived on from the old camera server and built out a new camera server for my new house with 25 cameras, upped from 1080p to 1440p (obviously bumped the specs waaaay up). I tried to use my old BI database and just replace the cameras... after a few weeks of troubleshooting I realized that wasn't a great plan since the database was nearly 5 years old and very convoluted so I backed everything up, wiped the server fresh and setup BI from scratch.

Everything worked so much better after the rebuild, except that now when I view my cameras from the mobile app, none of my 'hidden' cameras show up in the combined view. I've checked every setting to make sure it matched the old server, and made sure the iOS clients were set to show hidden cameras... but for whatever reason the new build just won't show hidden cameras in the combined view. I even tried comparing the registry keys between old and new, but there are too many differences to be able to accurately determine what might be the variance that's causing this problem, given that the old install was a V4 to V5 upgraded database/registry.

I confirmed it's definitely a setting somewhere... I spun the old install up on another machine and connected to it from the same mobile clients and the hidden cameras show up in the combined cameras view, but they do not in the new setup. I really don't want to go back to the old install since the database was so corrupt I could barely view footage older than a few days without the program locking up or crashing... just can't for the life of me figure this one out.

Has anyone dealt with this before by chance? Running the latest BI on Server 2019 if that helps at all.

maxtoid

n3wb
Reaction score
Finally figured this out on my own - Figured I'd post the result for anyone who may stumble across this:

On the main camera viewing screen, there's a gear button next to the group selection drop-down on the top right of the viewing area. Click that gear and check the "Include hidden cameras" checkbox within the Webcasting area.

Still no response from support on this though... kind of concerned about the BI app if he's just not responding to paid support requests anymore. Hope he's not getting burned out on BI.... would hate to see this app die off if that happens.

Attachments

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Still no response from support on this though... kind of concerned about the BI app if he's just not responding to paid support requests anymore. Hope he's not getting burned out on BI.... would hate to see this app die off if that happens.
An update to the server has been released in the last few days with new features. Do you think hes going anywhere?
Perhaps your email was flagged as spam or lost in the shuffle.

maxtoid

n3wb
Reaction score
An update to the server has been released in the last few days with new features. Do you think hes going anywhere?
Perhaps your email was flagged as spam or lost in the shuffle.
Yeah no I don't think he's going anywhere; Happy to see consistent updates still. I've just been paying for support since 2015 and put in roughly 1-2 support requests per year for various issues I run into. Back in 2015 when I started Ken would respond directly to support requests, usually within a day or two. Around 2018/2019 it switched to Jennifer responding to requests, and the lead time for responses slipped to about a week-ish. This year I've submitted two, one in May and one in early June, both with no response. I doubt it's an email spam thing since I'm using the same Gmail account that I have for all my requests, unless they changed something on their end. I'm not trying to complain, I'd pay the support plan price just to receive the updates as I think this software is well-worth the annual maintenance fee just for the updates for what it does, I was just commenting that I'm 'hoping' that the pattern of slipping support response-times isn't an indicator that he's getting burnt out or anything. I won't actually begin to worry unless that pattern starts to appear with the application updates as well.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Yeah no I don't think he's going anywhere; Happy to see consistent updates still. I've just been paying for support since 2015 and put in roughly 1-2 support requests per year for various issues I run into. Back in 2015 when I started Ken would respond directly to support requests, usually within a day or two. Around 2018/2019 it switched to Jennifer responding to requests, and the lead time for responses slipped to about a week-ish. This year I've submitted two, one in May and one in early June, both with no response. I doubt it's an email spam thing since I'm using the same Gmail account that I have for all my requests, unless they changed something on their end. I'm not trying to complain, I'd pay the support plan price just to receive the updates as I think this software is well-worth the annual maintenance fee just for the updates for what it does, I was just commenting that I'm 'hoping' that the pattern of slipping support response-times isn't an indicator that he's getting burnt out or anything. I won't actually begin to worry unless that pattern starts to appear with the application updates as well.
Support is 30. You cannot expect quick responses from a tiny essentially one man operation. Use logic, many others here have received responses from support, generally after a few days. So ask yourself, do you think he is intentionally not responding to you? That makes no sense.
There is no pattern, like i said, all you need to do is read the forum and see that others are getting responses.
Dont panic, there are 300 other vms options for you to choose from.

IAmATeaf

Known around here
Reaction score
I personally think he’s overloaded with work right now as the product is undergoing some large major changes. Whereas before we’d get updates every few days, this has increased to around a week now and I expect that once all the major issues are resolved things will hopefully stabilise.

Edit And I post this reply a update has just been posted

Last edited: