Hik 2032 getting signal loss and green screen frequently.

Aspiring Geek

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
The group of three we have been discussing have had HA set to "No" in BI, and I have set them back to H.265 within the camera GUI. Have not set H.265+ to on
Other cameras only support H.264
CPU at around 40%
Extraneous false triggers seem to have ceased.....

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
The group of three we have been discussing have had HA set to "No" in BI, and I have set them back to H.265 within the camera GUI. Have not set H.265+ to on
Other cameras only support H.264
CPU at around 40%
Extraneous false triggers seem to have ceased.....
So the settings are the same as before when you had the issue?

Aspiring Geek

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
In camera settings have only had bit rate changed to 4096 as you suggested, which had no impact. Cameras went from H.265 to H.264 and now back to H.265
BI change is that HA has been set to "No".
CPU usage has gone up overall.
Other than that, no change - except that triggers have stopped and green stripe has disappeared.

Whom do you suspect?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
In camera settings have only had bit rate changed to 4096 as you suggested, which had no impact. Cameras went from H.265 to H.264 and now back to H.265
BI change is that HA has been set to "No".
CPU usage has gone up overall.
Other than that, no change - except that triggers have stopped and green stripe has disappeared.

Whom do you suspect?
So to clarify before you change the hardware acceleration was set to yes?

Aspiring Geek

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Within BI, in the HA drop down box under the Video tab for each camera, there is a "No" option which is now selected, but there is no "yes" option - just several hardware specific options. I had selected "Intel", although another option available is "Intel+VPP".

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Within BI, in the HA drop down box under the Video tab for each camera, there is a "No" option which is now selected, but there is no "yes" option - just several hardware specific options. I had selected "Intel", although another option available is "Intel+VPP".
That would probably explain the issue, because your processor does not support h265 acceleration. What is puzzling is that BI didnt automatically set it to no.

Aspiring Geek

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I think I understand your comment to mean that : if the cameras are set to H.265, and the processor doesn't support that, BI should not have given me the option to select any of the HA modes in the drop down tab? Which should have sent me straight back to the cameras to select H.264 instead?
Even though the cameras are now set back to H.265, the fact that I have changed BI HA mode to "No" seems to fixed the problem.
Would cameras set to H.264 and HA set to "Intel"work?

Aspiring Geek

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Ok. This seems to have fixed the problem (thanks to fenderman for the step-by-step diagnoses):
  1. In the video configuration of the camera, select encoding to be consistent with CPU capabilities - I had selected H.265, but my CPU can only handle H.264. Should have known this, but I am still only an Aspiring Geek. Tip - if you buy a computer to run IP cameras, understand the CPU hardware acceleration (HA) capabilities, and set your cameras to match those capabilities (doh!);
  2. In the same configuration window for the camera, choose a mid-level bit rate in the cameras - eg 4096, not the max numbers, which I, in my fog, chose (bigger is better, right? Not necessarily);
  3. Within Blue Iris, under the video tab for each camera, you can choose to use HA or not. If you choose "No", this will crank up CPU usage. In my case, without HA (by selecting "No"), my CPU was running at circa 40%. Ok but it seemed to fluctuate all over the place;
  4. I have now reverted to using HA by selecting "Intel" in the HA drop-down menu (now that my camera video encoding matches my Intel CPU's capabilities). CPU usage stable at around 20%.
This seems to have fixed the green stripe problem.

Another day older and somewhat wiser. Thanks again fenderman!