HIK 7608-NI-E2 no live view for main stream

MrRalphMan

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi,

For some reason my NVR has stopped displaying the main streams in live view through it's web interface on my PC.

I've not tried it directly in the NVR as that's in the loft.

I've two cameras connected to it, one 3MP HIK Dome and a 4MP Turret.

The sub streams works fine, so do you think that this is due to bandwidth from the NVR, which is over powerline? It is connected at 110mbs though.

It only started in the last couple of days and I cannot use the NVR to set up Smart Events, such as Intrusion detection, as the view does not populate and I cannot draw the regions.

Paul

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Could it be a problem with the browser plugin?
Presumably you haven't reverted to using Edge instead of IE11? Or some other browser update.

No plugin:=no Live view, no snaphots for settings config, no (or nearly no) configuration capability.

*edit*
The sub streams works fine
Scratch the above idea.

MrRalphMan

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply, I did try both ie11 and Firefox.
I also removed the existing plugin and reinstalled it from the NVR

The live view from the cameras work though, just not on the NVR web interface.

Carcus

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Does main stream live view work from a iphone/android app?

MrRalphMan

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi,

The iVMS app on my Android phone only seems to have an option for sub stream, but if I change the picture from fluent to clear, it doesn't work.

Carcus

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have been having the same issue's.

Can you playback recorded footage?

Does it work of a night time?

Can you login to the cameras and does live view work on the camera web interface?

MrRalphMan

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Playback works just fine.
Don't think out works at night time, will have to check.
Live view from the camera web go does work.

Just to confirm the Android app was just tested remotely over 4g, if it makes any difference.

MrRalphMan

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Just reset the NVR to default settings too and still no joy.

Will try taking a switch/laptop up to the loft to see if the Powerline connection is the issue.

*** Edit, same thing happening with a swicth in the loft, so not the bandwidth ***

What is the latest version of the plugin, according to the properties on the ocx file in the Program Files directory I have 3.0.6.1, but they are different for all .dll's within this directory.

The installer for the plugin has this same version number, so I guess that's the version I have. I cannot see this on HIKVisions site.

Should I now bite the bullet and attempt to upgrade the Firmware? I have a EU ML Version, so I should be able to update. Failing that it's back to Amazon.

Last edited:

MrRalphMan

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Well a fix it seems.

I was going to upgrade the Firmware and a post off the latest one said that their Main View was broken when they changed the Framerate of the Cameras.

Mine were set to Full Frame Rate in the NVR, the cameras do not have this option in the drop down. I changed both cameras to 10fps and the live view started working again.

I progressively upped the framerate on the cameras, until they were both at their max frame rate, this time using the numbers rather then the wording, and they are still both working.

Carcus

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Glad you have a resolution. Unfortunately it didn't resolve the issue for me.

Mine is so weird and I can only troubleshoot it from 10am - 4pm as it works after those times....

MrRalphMan

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Are you sure it's not bandwidth related?

Can you set the cams to night mode during this time and see if it behaves?
Is there anything on your network that might be causing it? Can you totally isolate the Camera kit from the internal network and test it that way?

Other then that it's a weird one.

Dreamboat

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I also know about similar issue on the "E" series NVRs, it happens mostly during day time. Camera 1 is mostly affected (sometimes camera 8 if the NVR is 16ch). This Encoding issue is visible only in live view - the recordings are OK, live stream directly from the camera is also OK. For some reason the NVR fails to provide live view of the main stream. I wonder if this could be due to a lack of RAM or something wrong during the encoding process.
I've contacted Hikvision, and they said they can't reproduce the issue.
At our office I also tried to reproduce it without success.
If the main stream is greatly reduced (Full HD and below, 2 Mbps bitrate) the stream start to flow.. but that's not a solution for me.
Unfortunately there's no strict rule when the main stream works or no. Sometimes it starts to flow without a reason. Most common - at night the main stream works OK, I wonder if it's because of less complexity of the picture or the traffic in general is lower during the night.
If someone can help on that will be great.

MrRalphMan

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Mine wasn't working at night either, so it could be down to the bitrate for the camera, but why when I dropped from 'Full Frame Rate' --> 10fps --> 25pfs (which is the fastest option) it's all working again I have no idea.

I have two camera's connected and they were both affected.

MrRalphMan

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I'm still having issues playing the live view.

I've dropped the FPS to 10 and the cameras are set up for Variable bit rate at a max of 4500.

When I have the live view open from the web, or the rtsp stream in VLC I can see via task manager that around 3.1Mbps are being used, even though there is no display.

Camera 1 settings:
upload_2016-11-17_13-50-57.png

Camera 2 settings:
upload_2016-11-17_13-51-17.png

I've even run a cable from the ground floor Network switch to the Attic, up the stairs, to test and it's still the same.

tigerwillow1

Known around here
Reaction score
I'm having a seemingly similar problem and the root cause appears to be if the configured bitrate is too high in relation to the video settings, the camera cuts off the main stream. Here are examples:

Bitrate 16,384 constant, h264 (not +), frame rate 20, i frame interval 20, no main stream. Change i-frame to 10, works ok.
Bitrate 16,384 constant, h264, frame rate 10. i frame interval 6 or less gives main stream. 7 or more, no main stream.

In the cases where the main stream fails, lowering the bitrate OR increasing the frame rate restores it. Just to make it more interesting, the failure points depend on the content of the image. So for example, a setting that works during the day might fail at night. Or a setting that works with moving objects might fail when the movement stops.

This looks like camera bugs to me, but I'm open to being educated that it's user error. And another suspicious observation is that the image quality is the best with WDR turned off.

Carcus

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Still having this issue at multiple sites.

I have identified that if the camera is in an area that gets high traffic and/or is in a very bright area the issue occurs.

Messing around with bit-rate and fps seems to fix the issue but no solid settings to say that this will certainly fix the problem if you set this to that etc.

Happens on DS-2CD2T42WD-I5 or DS-2CD2342WD-I with different firmware versions so im not sure if its the camera. I don't see the issues occurring on 7604NI-E1 or 7616NI-E2 models but we do not install as many of those.

Frustrating!!

Karey Watson

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I hate reviving dead threads but just curious if either of you have found a solution. I've discussed w/ Tiger on another thread but just found this thread searching.

My plan was to go out today and run a speed test from the cable at the camera to check the capacity of the cable and/or move the camera outside to a location where there is one inside. It's for sure something to do with the light, I think. It only happens during the day. Once the camera goes into night mode, it will run @ whatever I throw at it. I just went and flipped it to night mode manually and put the bitrate up @ 7840, pops on immediately. Flip it back, nothing in live view on browser. Drop it down to 3000, pops right on.

MrRalphMan

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
It was the iframes that seemed top resolve it for me.

Frame rate is at 10 and iframes is at 10 and no issues with life feed any more.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Karey Watson

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
It was the iframes that seemed top resolve it for me.

Frame rate is at 10 and iframes is at 10 and no issues with life feed any more.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk
Where do you set iFrames? I am not seeing it in the configuration on the NVR. Were you able to bump the bitrate back up to whatever you wanted w/ the lower FPS settings?