Hik vision cloud connectivity issue

vishwanath

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi Team,

I have Hikvision Device model is DS-7R08NI-E2( Serial No # DS-7R08NI-E20820180614AARRC29173967WCVU) and having firware of V3.4.98 Build 171121. And having issues while using Cloud P2P solution.

we opened the ports http(80), RTSP(554), HTTPS(443), Server Port(8000). And we opened the same ports, but we have observed that our NVR is trying to communicate hik cloud from port 8555. Then we have opened the ports 8555 and higher ports in our network. And also we have observed that when NVR is trying to communicate with the dev.hik-connect.com, the IP's of the dev.hik-connect is changing randomly.

For testing we opened the all higher ports, including the ports which is mentioned in the documents, then NVR shows online on device as well as on hik cloud web portal. But in hik cloud web portal, it picks up my router public IP. When I am trying to access from my public IP, it gives me an error.

Our IT policy will not allow us to open all IP ranges in a firewall. To implement the hik vision product in our Enterprise network, I need your help. Can you please share me the details of destination IP or IP ranges of dev.hik-connect cloud solution which help us to configure our Firewall to allow the same. Please let me know if you need any additional information from my end. Thanks in advance for your kind support, I will be waiting for your positive reply.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
To implement the hik vision product in our Enterprise network, I need your help.
we opened the ports http(80), RTSP(554), HTTPS(443), Server Port(8000).
If this is inbound (that's what 'opened the ports' usually means) - you are putting your network at considerable risk.

we have observed that our NVR is trying to communicate hik cloud from port 8555.
That sounds like outbound. It can use any port to start an outbound conection.
Does your network block all outbound except specified exceptions?

And also we have observed that when NVR is trying to communicate with the dev.hik-connect.com, the IP's of the dev.hik-connect is changing randomly.
Very likely the results of load balancing. Multiple servers to handle the load, front-ended by a load balancer to direct the traffic across them.

vishwanath

n3wb
Reaction score
So how can I implement the hikvision cloud i my enterprise network. Can you please help me on this.

SouthernYankee

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
You need to change your thinking. P2P and opening ports is a major security risk. I do not think most people here use P2P or the cloud.

In detail what are you trying to accomplish? What problem are you trying to solve, See video form a remote site, Back up video.

This website is mostly for home users, but there are corporate users

vishwanath

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi, Thanks for your reply. I want to use hikvision IP camera system in my enterprise solution, can you please help me if I can implement this solution