HIK Vision IP Camera No Link problem. Showing network unreachable

SouthernYankee

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
1)What is the make and model number of the NVR ?
2)What is the make and model number of the camera ?
3) Did you try to configure the camera using a PC or MAC ?
4)Is the camera connected to the NVR via a POE ethernet connector on the NVR ?

If 4 is yes
A) Did you plug the camera into one of the connectors on the NVR then move it to another Connector ?
B) have you tries to do a hardreset on the camera then plug it into then NVR

if 4 is no
a) If camera is not plugged into the NVR provided a network diagram, Manufacture/model, include modems, switchers, routers.....

Gling

n3wb
Reaction score
1)What is the make and model number of the NVR ?
2)What is the make and model number of the camera ?
3) Did you try to configure the camera using a PC or MAC ?
4)Is the camera connected to the NVR via a POE ethernet connector on the NVR ?

If 4 is yes
A) Did you plug the camera into one of the connectors on the NVR then move it to another Connector ?
B) have you tries to do a hardreset on the camera then plug it into then NVR

if 4 is no
a) If camera is not plugged into the NVR provided a network diagram, Manufacture/model, include modems, switchers, routers.....
I have the same issue The Network is unreachable.

2 cameras (DS-2CD1023G0-I) are connected to POE switch (DS-3E0109P-E/M) and POE switch is connected to my router then another LAN cable is connected to NVR (DS-7616NI-Q2/16P).

I switched camera 1 to Manual and added the IP camera address to 192.168.254.2. But the error "The Network is unreachable" still occurs.

I tried to double check if there is a problem with the camera by plugging the camera directly to the NVR using Plug-n-play. But the camera worked.

Can you advise on what steps I need to make?

Attachments

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
I switched camera 1 to Manual and added the IP camera address to 192.168.254.2. But the error "The Network is unreachable" still occurs.
That setting requires the camera to be connected to the associated NVR PoE port.
The IP addresses in the 'Internal NIC' range of 192.168.254.x are associated with the NVR PoE ports only.

If the camera is on the LAN - as implied by it being on a PoE switch connected to the router - you need to give the camera a LAN IP address (guessing it may be in the range 192.168.1.x) and change the IP address of the unused NVR PoE port that you want the camera associated with to be the same as the camera LAN IP address.

Gling

n3wb
Reaction score
That setting requires the camera to be connected to the associated NVR PoE port.
The IP addresses in the 'Internal NIC' range of 192.168.254.x are associated with the NVR PoE ports only.

If the camera is on the LAN - as implied by it being on a PoE switch connected to the router - you need to give the camera a LAN IP address (guessing it may be in the range 192.168.1.x) and change the IP address of the unused NVR PoE port that you want the camera associated with to be the same as the camera LAN IP address.
Thanks for this advise. Figured it out with your help. Cheers!