Hik's Will > But Dahua's Won't?

Q™

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Crimped a good quality RJ45 connector to the camera end of a 100-foot outdoor run of quality Shireen gel-filled double jacket cat5e cable. I know the cable is good and I was reasonably certain that the crimp was good. Plugged in a Dahua 2MP Starlight Mini Dome IPC-HDBW4231F-AS and...nothing. FuQ. Disconnected that camera and plugged in a 2nd Dahua IPC-HDBW4231F-AS I had laying around...nothing. Brought the 2nd Dahua IPC-HDBW4231F-AS inside and plugged it into one of my indoor POE switches...perfect video. Hmmm...the crimp must be bad because I know the cable is good. Took one of my 2MP Annke cube cams (Hikvision rebrand) outside and plugged it into the troublesome cable...perfect video. FuQ. I'm going to re-crimp the connector...but I don't get it.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Very well could be an iffy connection to the wires in the RJ45, and you just happened to move it around enough to make it work once. Been there, got the t-shirt. ;)

SouthernYankee

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Maybe that there is a power drop in the cable, may be the annke does not draw as much power.

As a test try powering the dahua locally and see if it works.

Try turning off the it and see if it works.

Make sure you have the rj45 plugs wire correctly to the specs. The correct colors next to each other. Just because it works with one camera does not mean it is wired correctly

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Crimped a good quality RJ45 connector to the camera end of a 100-foot outdoor run of quality Shireen gel-filled double jacket cat5e cable. I know the cable is good and I was reasonably certain that the crimp was good. Plugged in a Dahua 2MP Starlight Mini Dome IPC-HDBW4231F-AS and...nothing. FuQ. Disconnected that camera and plugged in a 2nd Dahua IPC-HDBW4231F-AS I had laying around...nothing. Brought the 2nd Dahua IPC-HDBW4231F-AS inside and plugged it into one of my indoor POE switches...perfect video. Hmmm...the crimp must be bad because I know the cable is good. Took one of my 2MP Annke cube cams (Hikvision rebrand) outside and plugged it into the troublesome cable...perfect video. FuQ. I'm going to re-crimp the connector...but I don't get it.

if you had the wifi setup on the cube and you were close enough to the router....