Hikvision 2032F On Camera SD Card Recording Setup Info?

kwtrading

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi all,
I just ordered an received a Hikvisio 2032F version camera along with a 64gig micro SD card.
The SD card installed, formatted and is recognized and checked off in the menu but I am having trouble getting anything to record so I must be doing something wrong.

I've never set up the Hikvision on camera recording before and need to do it this weekend out at our cabin.
Can anyone point me to a document or Youtube video that explains the setup well?

Thanks

dinmatrix

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi I have the same problem with hikvision camera bought from ali and one 32gb sd card .

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
DS-2CD2032F-i will be a Chinese camera. There is an issue with writing to micro SD cards with these and the hacked firmwares.

kwtrading

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Great...looks like this will be going back. Whole reason I bought it was for the SD card and it was the only one I could get on Amazon prime by the weekend. Is there a discussion going on somewhere about this topic?
Is the U.S. version of this camera available yet?

acp_xt

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi,

I have this camera and have no issues recording to the SD card and to a QNAP NAS simultaneously - there were reviews stating that 64 gb SD cards are hit and miss on this camera, so I used a Class 10 Sandisk 32GB card. Works well.

Cheers

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Hi,

I have this camera and have no issues recording to the SD card and to a QNAP NAS simultaneously - there were reviews stating that 64 gb SD cards are hit and miss on this camera, so I used a Class 10 Sandisk 32GB card. Works well.

Cheers
What version of firmware do you have on it? And is it a Chinese version... there are some International 2032F ones but they are rare. (and definitely not 2132F ?)

gpower07

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I don't have any problem recording the SD card. but my first Samsung 16GB has problem. then I switch to 64GB everything perfect. 5.3.0

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I think it was fixed for 5.3.0 but doesn't work for 5.2.5. I didn't realise 5.3.0 had an English version for Chinese cameras?

Try a different card and see if that fixes it first.

kwtrading

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I will have to check my software version tonight but but its China-rama. All packaging and documentation Chinese only. I was surprised when the firmware was in English. I'm using a brand new Sandisk 64 gig card and I suppose can try another smaller one before giving up. It's tough for me to know if it's the card or the way I set it up. The software isn't exactly intuitive. I found a manual online I will look through.

For those who either can't get theirs to work OR had to switch cards to get it work, what did you experience when trying to get it to work? Like I said, on mine it did see the card and allowed me to click the 'format' button to run through a process that took several minutes to complete. I believe before that it said 'not initialized' or something like that and I wasn't able to check the box next to it to enable it. After it was formatted I could. However even though I think I have triggers set up correctly and even (I think) click the button to manually record or take a snapshot, when I am in the Playback tab it says there is nothing to view.

dinmatrix

n3wb
Reaction score
Well I have made a reboot and actually it has been recorded till now probably I didn't see immediately when it made record because files are too large,however the problem with motion detection stays.

kwtrading

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Well turns out I have firmware 5.2.5 and not 5.3.0.
Tried a 32 gig card but it's no working either. Again, it formatted fine and says 'Normal' under status but I still don't see anything under the Playback tab after I record something.
Upgrading on these Chinese versions sounds like it will brick them so I should return?

epcjay

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Well turns out I have firmware 5.2.5 and not 5.3.0.
Tried a 32 gig card but it's no working either. Again, it formatted fine and says 'Normal' under status but I still don't see anything under the Playback tab after I record something.
Upgrading on these Chinese versions sounds like it will brick them so I should return?
I just received mine from AE. Let me try and see if I have the same issue. One complaint I have is the piece that splits the cable into two is like 3 inches long. What were they thinking!

**EDIT**

My firmware is V5.2.5 build 141201. So i installed my SD card, plugged it all in and went into the configuration > Advanced Configuration > Storage > Record Schedule > Edit

Set it to Continuous for testing purposes. By default, it's set to All Events. Anyways, copied to to the rest of the days, and hit save.

Went to storage management, changed % of picture to 0, (cause im not taking pictures), and 100% for percent of record and selected my SD card, hit format. Screen turns grey, and you can see the % go up under progress. Takes about 3 minutes for a 32GB.( I didnt time it, went to a different tab while it was formatting)

After formatted, waited 5 minutes to check the playback tab and I see a small tad of blue showing up, so its working.

Last edited by a moderator:

dinmatrix

n3wb
Reaction score
I will have to check my software version tonight but but its China-rama. All packaging and documentation Chinese only. I was surprised when the firmware was in English. I'm using a brand new Sandisk 64 gig card and I suppose can try another smaller one before giving up. It's tough for me to know if it's the card or the way I set it up. The software isn't exactly intuitive. I found a manual online I will look through.

For those who either can't get theirs to work OR had to switch cards to get it work, what did you experience when trying to get it to work? Like I said, on mine it did see the card and allowed me to click the 'format' button to run through a process that took several minutes to complete. I believe before that it said 'not initialized' or something like that and I wasn't able to check the box next to it to enable it. After it was formatted I could. However even though I think I have triggers set up correctly and even (I think) click the button to manually record or take a snapshot, when I am in the Playback tab it says there is nothing to view.
Mine start to work afer I have made on continuous mode to record.Two days ago I have read /in cctv forum I think but I am not sure/ that these china cams after upgrade to 5.3.0 go in chinese menu, so solution is to change a 2 or 3 bytes of file before to flash the firmware.

mando209

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I just received mine from AE. Let me try and see if I have the same issue. One complaint I have is the piece that splits the cable into two is like 3 inches long. What were they thinking!

**EDIT**

My firmware is V5.2.5 build 141201. So i installed my SD card, plugged it all in and went into the configuration > Advanced Configuration > Storage > Record Schedule > Edit

Set it to Continuous for testing purposes. By default, it's set to All Events. Anyways, copied to to the rest of the days, and hit save.

Went to storage management, changed % of picture to 0, (cause im not taking pictures), and 100% for percent of record and selected my SD card, hit format. Screen turns grey, and you can see the % go up under progress. Takes about 3 minutes for a 32GB.( I didnt time it, went to a different tab while it was formatting)

After formatted, waited 5 minutes to check the playback tab and I see a small tad of blue showing up, so its working.
With this cam can it be program to record 24/7? When ds card is full it will delete then record again? Interested in this one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dinmatrix

n3wb
Reaction score
Super now it is start to work in motion detection mode,I think it is important when you make and finish settings to go in >Adv. Conf.>System>Maintena1nce>reboot, after that leave it towrk 5 minutes min. , before to check on playback.

epcjay

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
With this cam can it be program to record 24/7? When ds card is full it will delete then record again? Interested in this one.

Yes, there's the option to overwrite when full. So first in, first out.

I believe it's 40gb a day, so a 32gb won't even last one day

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Yes, there's the option to overwrite when full. So first in, first out.

I believe it's 40gb a day, so a 32gb won't even last one day
The time length of data stored on a 32gb card will depend only on the recording bitrate. So it will vary depending on vbr/cbr and the max settings...

mando209

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Oh wow that's awesome.

mando209

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
where is the 2032f located at aliexpress? nowhere to be found.

mando209

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi,

Cheers
where did u buy yours from?