Hikvision 2032F On Camera SD Card Recording Setup Info?

metricus

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Before upgrading the camera, it may be best to fully check out the card, or try another of the same size.
You were correct. Another glorious piece of junk I bought from AE.
I got a Samsung EVO 64GB for 18$ from Walmart and works just fine.

However, the camera formatting did split the space into 2 partitions (32GB each).

kwtrading

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Well I got a little farther with this and have not totally given up. It does record to my Sandisk 64 gig card after all.
Accessing the data and pulling it down off the card is where I am struggling now.
1. From the Playback tab, I can see the recordings in my timeline at the bottom of the window and I can play them from there.
2. If I highlight a day on the calendar and hit 'search', it does go to an area with activity on the timeline for the day chosen (I had no idea this was working originally because the timeline is so small but it is).
Here are the challenges:
1. If I click on the icon for 'Download Recordings' it will bring me to a search tool and I can do a search on a day and bring up a bunch of recordings and select the one I want to pull down.
2. If I click download they all say they are successfully downloaded.
3. However, what determines where the files are downloaded to?
I see there are several options under the local configuration tab for things like recording under Live View,etc Those were all originally defaulted to a c:users/username/web type path but I could never actually find that folder if I tried to browse to it. So I changed it to another path and nothing seems to go there either. So far I have had ONE file pull down successfully and that was using Firefox but then I couldn't repeat it again (??).
Really frustrating.

Final question - If this was actually working properly for me, would this work from anywhere as long as I was logged into the camera? Meaning, could I do that search, select files, and download them to whatever PC I am on even if I am just accessing it out over the internet (DDNS, port forwarding,etc) and pull the files down to the PC I am on to access the camera remotely? (ie camera is at a cabin and I am at home. need to pull down to home computer)

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
You were correct. Another glorious piece of junk I bought from AE.
I got a Samsung EVO 64GB for 18$ from Walmart and works just fine.

However, the camera formatting did split the space into 2 partitions (32GB each).
Never buy sd cards from ebay/ali etc...way too many fakes...even amazon may have fakes mixed in because they mix the amazon items with third party seller items..

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
However, what determines where the files are downloaded to?
This can be one of life's mysteries - the files are downloaded to the apparent location set in 'Local configuration', but are relocated by Windows.
It's all to do with Windows, IE11 and Microsoft's 'virtualisation of protected directories'.
You can search the PC local drive for *.mp4 to get a clue to where the files have been downloaded to - if you change Windows Explorer settings to show hidden and system files.
Once you've found the path, either write it down for future reference, or add a reference entry to your 'Libraries' collection in Windows Explorer.
This is where my files actually go to, when the setting in Local Configuration is I:\Users\Alastair\Web\DownloadFiles
I:\Users\Alastair\Local Settings\Microsoft\Windows\Temporary Internet Files\Virtualized\I\Users\Alastair\Web\DownloadFiles

kwtrading

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Ok great info there. Part of my problem may just be I'm using a Win8 machine to test this and I'm not all that familiar with the file search engine which seems more robust but a little less intuitive. I will switch over to something Win7 and see how I make out.
Any thoughts on whether or not you can download files from the card on the camera at a remote location using the same browser interface? Will they transfer across the internet to your local machine?

This can be one of life's mysteries - the files are downloaded to the apparent location set in 'Local configuration', but are relocated by Windows.
It's all to do with Windows, IE11 and Microsoft's 'virtualisation of protected directories'.
You can search the PC local drive for *.mp4 to get a clue to where the files have been downloaded to - if you change Windows Explorer settings to show hidden and system files.
Once you've found the path, either write it down for future reference, or add a reference entry to your 'Libraries' collection in Windows Explorer.
This is where my files actually go to, when the setting in Local Configuration is I:\Users\Alastair\Web\DownloadFiles
I:\Users\Alastair\Local Settings\Microsoft\Windows\Temporary Internet Files\Virtualized\I\Users\Alastair\Web\DownloadFiles

kwtrading

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Still making more progress. Tried Windows 7 with Firefox and the files are going to the default folders so far so good. I'm able to pull down files remotely via the browser interface as well. So that is good.

Where is the option in the interface to enable continuous recording to the SD card? I can set for motion,etc but don't see the continuous option if there is one.

metricus

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Could files be downloaded using telnet? I guess if we mount the NAS drive like in the mtd hack and then copy to that destination? Has anyone tried this?

epcjay

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Still making more progress. Tried Windows 7 with Firefox and the files are going to the default folders so far so good. I'm able to pull down files remotely via the browser interface as well. So that is good.

Where is the option in the interface to enable continuous recording to the SD card? I can set for motion,etc but don't see the continuous option if there is one.
There's an advanced button which allows you to change the time schedule and continuous is one of the options

Sent from my LG-D852 using Tapatalk

metricus

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
OK so I tried SSH and it seems to work.
For who is interested here are the commands:

> ssh admin@yourCam IP
system should prompt for password. enter it
Once you are in, change directory to the sd card:
> cd /mnt/mmc01
You may execute an ls here and you should see a bunch of mp4 files and some other stuff
I would suggest testing first with some small files:
> cp *.bin /mnt/nfs00
This will copy all files with extension .bin to your shared folder (provided you have activated one under NAS tab in Web GUI)
You can check to see if the files start appearing in the destination folder. If so all is OK
You can abort by doing Ctrl-C
Then the command to copy all video files would be:
> cp *.mp4 /mnt/nfs00
HOWEVER! depending on the size of your SD card this may take a long while. (64 GB are not a fast draw)
You may do it in batches:
copy the first 10 files:
> cp hiv0000*.mp4 /mnt/nfs00

or copy the first in a group of ten to see which group contains the period of interest:
> cp *0.mp4 /mnt/nfs00

Hope you get the idea...

Last edited by a moderator:

kwtrading

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Is this under Advanced and then the Motion Detection tab? I see the Arming Schedule under there but nothing mentioning continuous recording.

There's an advanced button which allows you to change the time schedule and continuous is one of the options

epcjay

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Is this under Advanced and then the Motion Detection tab? I see the Arming Schedule under there but nothing mentioning continuous recording.
My bad, its Advanced Configuration > Storage, check "Enable Record Schedule", and there's an edit button to edit the set times per day on the conditions you want (continuous, motion, alarm/motion, etc)

Attachments

mando209

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I've got 2132 3MP domes and cube 2432 both with 5.2.5 and they work with 64Gb SD cards class 10 for HD video. They are both Chinese cameras with serial "CCH" .

After formatting it etc., you have to click "trigger channel" for it to record to the SD Card from the various detection modes. Yip initiative eh.

I use motion detection and line crossing but I only send emails for line detection which works great with almost no false alarms. With those settings I get about 8 weeks worth of recording on an 64Gb SD card.
The latest cameras on 5.3.5 have 128Gb capability but for me in NZ these are about $100 pricey.

Someone also said think fender, or I saw myself theres a technical bulletin on hikvision site which says which brands of sd card are certified to work. For me I got Apache and both mine work great.
Where did u buy the 2132?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mando209

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
What is the transfer speed from camera micro sd data to computer? On the 2132 model

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AlpineWatch

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Well I got a little farther with this and have not totally given up. It does record to my Sandisk 64 gig card after all.
Accessing the data and pulling it down off the card is where I am struggling now.
Right now I have a FLIR FX camera and it's not doing the job, not real happy with everything going into the cloud and also having triggering issues at night. Seems this Hikvision will work like a dashcam - write to the onboard SD card when motion is detected and overwrite when full. I just need to go back a few days which is all the Flir FX will cover too with the free cloud subscription.

Where are you on this effort? Did you find a solution that works for you?

I'm looking to get a Hikvision 2032F-I or 2132F-IS and want to do just what you're doing. Can't decide to get the bullet or dome.

epcjay

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Right now I have a FLIR FX camera and it's not doing the job, not real happy with everything going into the cloud and also having triggering issues at night. Seems this Hikvision will work like a dashcam - write to the onboard SD card when motion is detected and overwrite when full. I just need to go back a few days which is all the Flir FX will cover too with the free cloud subscription.

Where are you on this effort? Did you find a solution that works for you?

I'm looking to get a Hikvision 2032F-I or 2132F-IS and want to do just what you're doing. Can't decide to get the bullet or dome.
I have no issues pulling the recordings from ivms4200

AlpineWatch

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
For those using a 64GB Microsd card, regarding the 2 32GB partitions, does it work fine otherwise? Does it fill up both 32GB partitions or only one?

My Hikvision cameras will be here soon and I'm looking to get some 64GB cards.

metricus

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Any thoughts on whether or not you can download files from the card on the camera at a remote location using the same browser interface? Will they transfer across the internet to your local machine?
I posted this in another thread: The best I could do was to telnet into the camera and copy files to a NAS provided you set it up in Web interface. In my experience the process takes time. Another issue is that the camera does not apply timestamps to the filenames so you have to download a few files in order to locate the file you are looking for.

epcjay

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I just wanted to bump this and add some information.
I bought 2135F-IS (dome version) and for the life of me the recordings arent working via the web interface. Spent 3 hours tickering with settings; Motion on/off, triggering channels, formatting.

I notice the free space would drop after a while, but no recordings. Gave up. Woke up this morning I thought why dont I check IVMS4500. Boom the recordings where there. I then checked IVM4200 and again the recordings are now showing. For whatever reason, the web gui says no files found...

metricus

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I just wanted to bump this and add some information.
I bought 2135F-IS (dome version) and for the life of me the recordings arent working via the web interface. Spent 3 hours tickering with settings; Motion on/off, triggering channels, formatting.

I notice the free space would drop after a while, but not recordings. Gave up. Woke up this morning I thought why dont I check IVMS4500. Boom the recordings where where. I then checked IVM4200 and again the recordings are now showing. For whatever reason, the web gui says no files found...
It is funny you posted this weird behaviour because I did too notice some tantrum on my cams. One had failed to show up on my smartphone and I have rebooted it. It took sveral trials before I could pick it up again. No particular reason not Ip change nothing. And after some time.... boom! was working fine like nothing happened.

To update on my musings on the subject of this thread: I gave up trying to use the recordings from the sd card directly. Not worth my time and they have no time-stamp. A complete mess.

The way I use it now is from the smart-phone. I just go into remote playback and hit record when I need to keep something. The rest just overwrites itself. The files are highly compatible with mp4 media players, have time-stamp etc.

Cheers!