Hikvision 2532F-IS - not getting any audio through

bubba123

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
riri7707-

I somewhat understand what your saying about how this "limits" people from buying cheap cams and then upgrading the firmware. In my case I bought a "legitimate" camera from a reputable company (Nelly's) and paid full price so to me I should be able to upload the latest firmware without jumping through a lot of hoops!
Did you get this firmware from Nelly's? If not, I'd contact them. Presumably if it's supported by them, they can provide you with access to it. Since it's unreleased, I'd be willing to guess they won't.

RyanODan

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
We won't release firmwares until they are full official releases and have been tested here for stability and compatibility. Honestly, I didn't even know 5.2.5 was a firmware until reading this. Which answers your question as to if we support it or not. Generally, if it's not readily available to the US market from a legitimate source then we will not put it on cameras or offer it to customers for obvious reasons until it does become "officially" available.

That's why we have IPCamTalk.

RyanODan

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
I'm anxious to give 5.2.5 a test drive on one of my home cams. Does anyone have a changelog?

riri7707

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
This is one issue:
no changelog for 5.2.5 or 5.2.8
Seems 5.2.8 FW structure is different from 5.2.3 and 5.2.5
This is why 5.2.8 is not multilanguage yet.

Yipp

n3wb
Reaction score
Holy jeez, this is much more complicated than I thought when I decided to by a Hikvision. I just got a DS-2CD2432F-IW from Aliexpress. It works well, audio works with playback in IE and VLC and live view on IE, but not Safari - which I assume is just a Mac plugin issue.

The various firmwares I've seen reported on my unit:
Printed on box: 5.2.8
Camera's web admin page: 5.2.5 | Encoding Version: 5.0
Telnet prtHardInfo returns: 5.2.5
Back of camera sticker: 5.2.8

I'm completely confused if I can ever update my firmware or not... if doing x, y, or z will brick it, etc.

Furthermore, the serial # has CH, which I've read indicates it's a China model. But the language flag in telnet is 1, which I've read corresponds to English. Edit: I believe this is as expected; I reread the post on the telnet info: it was a little ambiguous causing me to incorrectly suspect this meant my camera was not a China model.

Last edited by a moderator:

S474N

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
You have manipulated cam. If you flash it, language flag will change to chinesee.

wifi75

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hello to all,
I've hikvion camera china DS-2232-15 with cinese firmware v. 5.2.5 buid 141201.
how is possible change language or updagrade firmware?

thnank you

rmack

n3wb
Reaction score
I know this several years old now, but just in case someone else is having the same issue and lands here, I resolved this by switching from G.711ulaw to MP2L2. It's not as good of an codec, but it did the trick with downloaded videos. The "Video Type" under Video Settings should be set to "Video&Audio" of course. YMMV