Hikvision 3.3.2 Firmware problems

Reaction score
I've just upgraded a recently purchased 7608NI-E2-8P from 3.0.4 to 3.3.2 using firmware I located on Hikvision's EU servers. The process worked a charm, but now I no longer seem to have the ability to use push notifications, and e-mail alerts don't contain images of motion trigger events.

Before I updated, I could definitely set push alarms in the ivms4500 app on my phone, set to notify surveillance centre and the notification would come up instantly.

Now, the NVR simply doesn't send any packets on TCP 7200 when an event occurs. Tried adding the pre-upgrade remote IP address as an alarm host and it sends the packet but the phone never receives anything.

Are Hikvision removing this feature deliberately?

Also, despite setting to attach an image with 2 sec interval the e-mails have no attachments. Has anyone else encountered such problems?

Thanks

Reaction score
I tried resetting to defaults but both issues persisted, so it would appear that the code is buggy, at least in the few areas that matter to me. I put together all the TFTP info in a way I could make sense of it and now I'm back to 3.0.10. Both features are restored and the box is working perfectly. I won't be planning any more updates without a definite answer on these features.

mentax

n3wb
Reaction score
I've just upgraded a recently purchased 7608NI-E2-8P from 3.0.4 to 3.3.2 using firmware I located on Hikvision's EU servers. The process worked a charm, but now I no longer seem to have the ability to use push notifications, and e-mail alerts don't contain images of motion trigger events.

Before I updated, I could definitely set push alarms in the ivms4500 app on my phone, set to notify surveillance centre and the notification would come up instantly.

Now, the NVR simply doesn't send any packets on TCP 7200 when an event occurs. Tried adding the pre-upgrade remote IP address as an alarm host and it sends the packet but the phone never receives anything.

Are Hikvision removing this feature deliberately?

Also, despite setting to attach an image with 2 sec interval the e-mails have no attachments. Has anyone else encountered such problems?

Thanks
Hi Chris,

Can you please describe how do you install 3.3.2? I have Chinese version of 7808 and wanna to install new firmware. It will be really great if you can describe update procedure.
Thanks.

xfactor

n3wb
Reaction score
I have the same issues with the 3.3.2 firmware. Everything about the new firmware is great for me as it also adds virtual host but no email snapshots. Does anyone know if hikvision are aware of the issue?

tradertim

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Chris and guys I am thinking of buying a 7608N-E2-8P POE NVR running 3.3.2.

I have 2x 2132 and 2x 2432 all CCH (China) serial numbers running hacked english 5.2.5 original from the supplier. 5.2.5 is working very well and I am using line detection, motion and some other stuff with Micro SD Cards.

1. Will my CCH China cameras running English and running 5.2.5 work with a 7608N-E2-8P running 3.3.2 English ?

Man this space is a minefield to try to save a few bucks, sometimes I am wonder if its worth it.

whoslooking

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Strange as on a 7832 this firmware is working fine.
but this will trigger another firmware upgrade.

Reaction score
did had contact with one the frontman of hikvision europe.
he told me that there is more space anymore to inject this feature
DAMNED !!!

- - - Updated - - -

must be no more space !!!