Hikvision 32 channel w/o POE ports working

therealdeal74

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hello, I tried searching to no avail on this issue. I have a Hikvision 32 channel NVR. It has 16 onboard ports. All the POE ports are dead so I moved all my cameras onto a POE injector and separate switch. Now I want to add a few more cameras but the problem is the other 16 channels seem tied to the NVR POE ports. I cannot add more cameras because all the slots are taken since it seems to only allow 16 onboard and 16 non-onboard cameras.

Does anyone know how to work around this?

TIA

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Does anyone know how to work around this?
In the NVR web GUI:
Select an unused PoE channel in the NVR.
Change the mode to 'Manual' instead of 'Plug&Play'.
Change the IP address associated with the channel (probably at the moment something like 192.168.254.x) to match the IP address of the camera on the LAN that you want to connect.
Check/change as needed the password, connection protocol and port.
Click OK.
Give it 10 secs and check in Live View.

therealdeal74

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I don't seem to have those options. Mine is a rebadged Hikvision from LTS systems. This screenshot is the closest I can get to configuring the ports. There is no POE power control in the gui that I could find.

Attachments

therealdeal74

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Nevermind, I got it. I was using the Web gui like you mentioned but turns out I was able to change it in the batch config tool or also works in IVMS. Thanks for your help.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Nevermind, I got it. I was using the Web gui like you mentioned but turns out I was able to change it in the batch config tool or also works in IVMS.
That's good.
So you changed a PoE channel to 'manual' mode and applied the LAN-connected camera IP address?
Just for info - to do that in the NVR web GUI you need to select/highlight the channel before you can use the 'Modify' button.

therealdeal74

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi, yes I was able to change it to manual but only from the applications. The web gui has it grayed out for some reason, couldn't find away around it but could just be this LTS version of the NVR.