Hikvision 4MP Missing Image Quality/WDR Settings

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I installed two Hikvision DS-2CD2142FWD-IS cameras this weekend, but the only image adjustment settings I have are 'Brightness', 'Contrast' and 'Saturation'. From what I've seen online there should be a heap more adjustments available, such as gain, sharpness, day/night switch and, most importantly, WDR on/off.

I've tried changing it by going through the NVR (DS-7604NI-E1-4P), website login and the latest version of the iVMS-4200 software but the settings are still the same boring 3. I bought them locally from a guy who didn't use them on a project, so I'm not sure if they were originally from AliExpress etc but everything is in English and there's no Chinese writing on the box or menus. I tried updating the firmware from the Hikvision website but it didn't work, though I would have assumed these sort of adjustments would be standard straight out of the box.

Please see the image attached below. If anyone has any ideas I'd be very grateful.

Attachments

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
I've tried changing it by going through the NVR (DS-7604NI-E1-4P), website login and the latest version of the iVMS-4200 software but the settings are still the same boring 3.
You need to go direct to the camera web GUI, as opposed to the NVR 'proxy' of the camera settings, which only gives a subset.
Use the 'Virtual Host' facility in the NVR web GUI to access the camera web GUI.
Enable Virtual Host in the NVR web GUI advanced network settings.
Use the links at the right of the Camera Management page in the NVR web GUI.

Reaction score
You need to go direct to the camera web GUI, as opposed to the NVR 'proxy' of the camera settings, which only gives a subset.
Use the 'Virtual Host' facility in the NVR web GUI to access the camera web GUI.
Enable Virtual Host in the NVR web GUI advanced network settings.
Use the links at the right of the Camera Management page in the NVR web GUI.
Thanks!!! That fixed it. All of the features/settings are now showing and after a bit of playing around the quality looks a lot better already. Thanks again. I really appreciate it :D