HIKVISION 8MP Bullet DS-2CD2085FWD-I vs HIKVISION 5MP Turret DS-2CD2355FWD-I

bluesnakes

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi,
I am still wondering whether I should go for a bullet or the turret variant of the ip camera. The camera will be surveilling the patio and it will be installed to a *vertical wall* just a 2 meters above the main door (4.5m from target) -pointing down towards cover the 4.5m long entrance . According to the lens calculator I will be needing a 5mm lens so I'd have to choose between 4mm and 6mm. To ensure that the area is covered, I am opting for a 4mm lens.

Will be purchasing the official hikvision junction boxes.

With regards to the weather, it is generally dry with only 3 months of mild rain.

Any help to let me decide what to go for would be highly appreciated.

Reaction score
Hi, I would go with the turret and a hikvision junction box to hide connection. Do not forget to put RJ-45 waterproof coupler shield. It will protect your RJ45 connector from getting corroded.

colmcille

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Your camera will be about 4m above the ground if it's 2m above the door. From up there you will only be getting overview use out of it and will find it hard to identify faces. It's going to have to be at the top of the door, at most, or preferably lower than that to identify people. This assumes the ground in front of the door is level.