Hikvision 8mp Bullet

nzipcamera

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I am more than happy with my DS-2CD2385FWD-I. I would have no hesitation in purchasing more.

Found another video of a Hik 2385 today. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YJ5FtY5PTFE

Hey Fenderman, I was just wondering would you consider this a fair / better representation of a 2385 working in a live street enviroment?

Stephen Drake

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I like the picture on them but unfortunately , aesthetics has a part to play in this house too. I wish they were a bit smaller.

Stephen Drake

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
That would be awesome. I bought the 8mp bullet and fear I made the wrong choice.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Hey Fenderman, I was just wondering would you consider this a fair / better representation of a 2385 working in a live street enviroment?
I dont know what a "live street environment" means...every street and location is different...it is NOT a proper representation of what you will see if you use this is completely dark environments....first and most importantly the video was taken as very close to sunset, there is still tons of light out there as can be seen in the upper right hand corner showing the skyline (we can both agree that the IR does not reach the sky)...further, there is lots of electrical light present aside from the IR...there are also lots of reflective surfaces...even with that aid, the night vision is mediocre at best ...I would not recommend this camera for low light use....its certainly acceptable but not ideal.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Here is a great example of you can expect to see at night when none of the trickery used in the other videos are employed..
awful...the turret will be marginally better...

Tolting Colt Acres

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I would agree with you that there are some very dodgy sellers on most online sales channels. [...] The risk to you I would say is very low for a good dollar saving.
I bit the bullet and ordered one for testing. It took 3 weeks to arrive. The serial number is AAWR, so it is english upgradeable. Only "oops" I made was I selected 2.8 rather than 4mm, which is what the 4mp was. But that's okay for where it is installed, on the pole at the entrance to my driveway:

4mp vs 8mp:
[/IMG]
[/IMG]

Nighttime, 4mp(top) vs 8mp(bottom):

Stephen Drake

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I bit the bullet and ordered one for testing. It took 3 weeks to arrive. The serial number is AAWR, so it is english upgradeable. Only "oops" I made was I selected 2.8 rather than 4mm, which is what the 4mp was. But that's okay for where it is installed, on the pole at the entrance to my driveway:

4mp vs 8mp:
[/IMG]
[/IMG]

Nighttime, 4mp(top) vs 8mp(bottom):

What do you think? I was mistakenly sent a 2.8 mm lens in place of the 4 mm lens. I am contemplating sending it back but he how long it takes to get here. Are those the bullets of the turrets?

Tolting Colt Acres

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Turret (DS-2CD2385FWD-I). It seems as if the 2.8 has some barrel distortion which you can see along the bottom right corner. Nothing I cannot deal with for my purposes. Nighttime image isn't bad. I live in the country and there is no ambient light. The IR seems to favor the right side, as you can see in the photo.

Stephen Drake

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thanks! The seller that sent me the 2.8 l ms is asking if I want an exchange. Trying to decide if I want that or a 3mp unreal low light with a 4mm lens.

nzipcamera

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
@ Tolting Colt Acres
Thanks for sharing the screen shots of your new camera.

Much wider image than my 4mm and a lot less IR light as result. What are the setting you are using?

Fyi you can get a full resolution photos copied to your hard drive by pressing the camera icon down in the right hand corner.

Is it possible to post full resolution images? I would be interested to see how the photos compare to a 4mm 2385.

Attachments

nzipcamera

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thanks for images.

Which settings specifically are you referring to?
Resolution
Video Quality Frame Rate
FPS
Max. Bitrate
Brightness
Contrast
Saturation
Sharpness
Day and Night exposure time
Backlight Settings - HDR on or off and level for day and night.

Tolting Colt Acres

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Resolution: 3840x2160*
Video Quality Frame Rate: Highest*
FPS : 20
Max. Bitrate: 4096
Brightness: 50*
Contrast: 50*
Saturation: 50*
Sharpness: 50*
Day and Night exposure time: 1/30*
Backlight Settings - HDR on or off and level for day and night: Off*/Off*

*=factory default, I didn't change it.

Here are a few more photos from tonight. The stop sign on the right is roughly 25-30 feet away. The one on the left is more like 50' away. Despite the wide angle of the 2.8mm lens, the IR is definitely concentrated in the center/center-right side of the image.

Attachments

nzipcamera

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Resolution: 3840x2160*
Max. Bitrate: 4096
Brightness: 50*
Contrast: 50*
Saturation: 50*
Sharpness: 50*
Day and Night exposure time: 1/30*
Backlight Settings - HDR on or off and level for day and night: Off*/Off*

*=factory default, I didn't change it.

Here are a few more photos from tonight. The stop sign on the right is roughly 25-30 feet away. The one on the left is more like 50' away. Despite the wide angle of the 2.8mm lens, the IR is definitely concentrated in the center/center-right side of the image.
This is the setting I use:

Resolution: 3840x2160
Max. Bitrate: 8192 or 12228. Its running 8192 at present. 4096 is way to low for a 4K camera.
I Frame Interval @ 20
Brightness: 50
Contrast: 50
Saturation: 50
Sharpness: 50
Day 1/500 or 1/750 and Night time 1/25 exposure.
Backlight Settings - HDR daytime On @ 50 and night time ON @ 41
Scene Mode set to Outdoor

You could try adding a extenal IR light to help balance the spread of light.