Hikvision - Black Screen On All Browsers - Windows 10

Steve4234

n3wb
Reaction score
I have several Hikvision cameras am using Blue Iris software. They work fine with Blue Iris, but when I try to view an image from any of these cameras via Chrome, Firefox, IE or Edge, I get nothing but a black screen. I can log into the camera with no problem, but it seems that the Web Component, though downloads, will not install into any of the browsers. They all just keep prompting me to download and install the Web Component. No Web Component = no image. Now this issue is with a Windows 10 machine.

On a Windows 7 machine, I can download and install the Web Component, but it only works in Firefox, it will not work in Chrome or IE.

Is anyone else having this issue and if so, did you find a resolution?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I have several Hikvision cameras am using Blue Iris software. They work fine with Blue Iris, but when I try to view an image from any of these cameras via Chrome, Firefox, IE or Edge, I get nothing but a black screen. I can log into the camera with no problem, but it seems that the Web Component, though downloads, will not install into any of the browsers. They all just keep prompting me to download and install the Web Component. No Web Component = no image. Now this issue is with a Windows 10 machine.

On a Windows 7 machine, I can download and install the Web Component, but it only works in Firefox, it will not work in Chrome or IE.

Is anyone else having this issue and if so, did you find a resolution?
you need to use IE..make sure you are using IE not edge

Steve4234

n3wb
Reaction score
you need to use IE..make sure you are using IE not edge
Just to prove you wrong I went back to my Windows 7 machine and tried IE again since it failed several times previously. This time I could only prove you right as it worked, go figure....

Thanks!