Staff member
Reaction score
Any other way to reset this?
Pull the configuration file with this URL :
http://<camera_IP_address>/System/configurationFile?auth=YWRtaW46MTEK
Zip up the file and attach here.
I'll extract the password for you.

Reaction score
good day . I got problem my hik nvr is damage so we replace new hik nvr but the problem we don't know the username and password of the hik camera. we can only see in the ip camera address but no link or connect given. pls help. I will attach xml files of the hik camera

Attachments

Reaction score
Hi everyone,....

Sooo... im at my wits end here...

ive rented a place and there is a DS-7204HQHI-K1 with 2 cameras installed. only problem is, the previous occupants did a runner and the owner doesnt know anything about the system.

I've exhausted all of my googling abilities and tried "password reset tools" and "security code generators" but with no luck. thats after i contacted Hikvisions tech support oly to discover that they will not help anyone but approved installers/didtributors. also they said my system was not even sold through a Uk/Ireland dealer...

There seems some very knowledgable people on here....i hope someone can help/point me in the right direction...

Thanks in advance!

Dan.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
I dont know what's the connection between password reset and firmware update ....?!
Using the Hikvision tftp updater to apply about the same firmware as is already installed resets the device to the factory default state.
And does not need any logon credentials to do so, unlike via the web GUI or other update method.

Reaction score
Doesn't work at all. PC Win10 connected to DVR not with router or swich, set ip on the PC 192.0.0.128 ... start tfpt from c:, same firmware, power on dvr and the i recieve a error Vision ... bla bla

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
PC Win10 connected to DVR not with router or swich
The Hikvision tftp updater is unreliable when directly connected to the camera/NVR/DVR.
It works best when the PC and the device are both wired to a switch or router.
You may have to connect to the DVR serial console to fix the problem.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
can anyone help me to reset nvr password?
If the NVR has PoE ports, and has Hikvision cameras connected that have firmware older than 5.4.5 then you could extract the NVR password from the cameras using the Hikvision backdoor vulnerability.
Check out this post :

Suggestion :
Connect the PC to an unused NVR PoE port and use SADP to see the cameras and their firmware versions.
If one has firmware older than 5.4.5 -
Change the PC IP address to a value in the same range as the cameras, maybe 192.168.254.100
Use this URL in the browser, replacing the camera IP address to match.
If you get a configuration file, zip it up and attach here.
We can deccrypt and decode it and extract the password.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Can someone please assist in decrypting the code. Attached is XML.
That requires access to a private Hikvision support system that needs a valid user logon.
Presumably you've tried Hikvision and the supplier.

If the camera is running firmware older than 5.4.5 it should be possible to extract the configuration file without credentials.
This can then be decrypted and decoded to extract the password if you zip it up and attach here.

Try this URL using your browser, changing the camera IP address to suit :