Hikvision Camera Chinese Hack no more?

Jack B Nimble

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Hiks are definately difficult to find on Ali only a 12mm turret left that I could find o well good while it lasted and time will tell if its permannent.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
stay away from that type of bullet camera....
Look at a turret design...there are better options from dahua at this point...for best low light look at the dahua turret varifocal starlight thread $170...if you want a cheaper camera but with inferior low light perforamce to the starlight, look at this Aliexpress.com : Buy DAHUA 3MP HD WDR Network Small IR CCTV 2.7mm~12mm motorized lens without Logo IPC HDW2320R ZS new model for IPC HDW4300C from Reliable motorized lens suppliers on Empire Technology Co., Ltd
Both will be much better than the hikvision bullet.

Defender666

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
1. To ad to iVMS4200 you need NVR from Hikvision then you can bundle all in one software

ilikevubu

n3wb
Reaction score
stay away from that type of bullet camera....
Look at a turret design...there are better options from dahua at this point...for best low light look at the dahua turret varifocal starlight thread $170...if you want a cheaper camera but with inferior low light perforamce to the starlight, look at this Aliexpress.com : Buy DAHUA 3MP HD WDR Network Small IR CCTV 2.7mm~12mm motorized lens without Logo IPC HDW2320R ZS new model for IPC HDW4300C from Reliable motorized lens suppliers on Empire Technology Co., Ltd
Both will be much better than the hikvision bullet.
so you would recommend 2342 dome over 2042 turret? I bought the DS-7608NI-E2/8P NVR already, in the process of getting cameras. This is for residential use, with about 6 cameras, and 2 of those would be completely outdoor, exposed. Thanks.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
so you would recommend 2342 dome over 2042 turret? I bought the DS-7608NI-E2/8P NVR already, in the process of getting cameras. This is for residential use, with about 6 cameras, and 2 of those would be completely outdoor, exposed. Thanks.
No, turret over dome-dome is the worst design you can use... right now the best low light performer is the dahua starlight turret...will cost a bit more but worth it...whether or not it will play nice with the hikvision nvr is a different story...
This new hikvision turret will likely perform well in low light/night..but is not yet available..Hangzhou Hikvision Digital Technology Co. Ltd.

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
they make MiniBullet Starlights that not that far off from what HIk's mini-bullet form factor..

Dahua 2MP Starlight Lineup

but if you want varifocal/audio/sd-card/external alarm IO you'll go for the bigger bullet.

ilikevubu

n3wb
Reaction score
Yes, 2342 is turret, 2042 is bullet. But either one, the 4MP ones are all out of stock on Amazon. 2 weeks ago stocks were plentiful.

I will need to get rid of the hikvision NVR if switching to Dahua. argggg.