Hikvision camera incorrect password

bodlet2001

n3wb
Reaction score
Good evening, one of my cameras has had a fit and now I cannot log into it or do anything with it. I have tried both password reset tools without success.

The camera is a DS-2CD2332 on version V5.4.0 build 160530

Anyone have any other ideas?

Cheers

Paul

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
I don't think that model has a reset button inside, so I suggest you try to use the tftp method to upload the same firmware version it already has back onto it. I believe that will reset it to defaults.

Bokeh

n3wb
Reaction score
can you access the cameras web interface in a browser still? does it give you a timeout for entering the wrong password

how long have you had the camera?
did you buy the camera from a authorized hikvision retailer, or some other place like amazon or ebay, etc..
did the camera "have a fit" after you did something like update firmware?

have you tried seeing if there's a reset button on the circuit board inside the cameras housing?

Have you tried Hikvisions Batch Configuration Tool?
Hikvision USA

bodlet2001

n3wb
Reaction score
good evening
first of all thank you for the replies, Bokeh- the cameras were purchased through an authorised hikvision retailer, about 18 months ago.
I have checked and there is no reset button inside the camera from what I can see.
I can see the camera in a web browser when connected through a POE switch, also it can be seen in the GUI on my tv.
I have tried to get in touch with them about this issue and drawn a blank, but that seems to be the norm from what I read, if I had purchased a lot more stuff then maybe they would take some action?
I have tried the Hikvisions Batch Configuration Tool as suggested but get the same response, nice little tool though!!

bp2008
please explain the method TFPT as I am confused. there are so many posts about this sort of issue it is easy to get lost in one of the many posts.

regards

Paul

epcjay

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
You may want to email Hikvision support for assistance in resetting the camera password if you bought it from an authorized dealer as they were very helpful for me before touching the firmware route above. One of my clients had their system hacked and passwords reset so I emailed hikvision and they provided the instructions to resetting the cameras within 2 hours of email backing and forth with troubleshooting. Here in Canada, they have a 3 year warranty.