Hikvision ColorVu + 4K (DS-2CD2087G2-L)

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Yes, all IP cameras have a lag. Analog cameras do not. Depending on how you have your network configured, it could contribute to a lag, but there will be a lag regardless.

Night-Owl

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I want to order the 4mm version myself. How far would you say it is from the camera to your wood fence?
5.5 metres, maybe considered slightly more because of angle of camera / height of camera etc. Really happy, see so much better faces when walking on path other side of fence.

Last edited:

Night-Owl

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Still having slight issues, I have downloaded latest firmware and switched on motion from camera and linkage method white light but I get no led lights turning on at all on motion. I got a bit of goasting on standard settings at night and have upped exposure time to 1/100 now to see if helps but i am not seeing any setting to alter gain control etc. Picture is still excellent though in dark. I also are not getting any sound even though switched on, I am using gDMSS to view via my Dahua NVR so maybe that is issue with that.

Attachments

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
Still having slight issues, I have downloaded latest firmware and switched on motion from camera and linkage method white light but I get no led lights turning on at all on motion. I got a bit of goasting on standard settings at night and have upped exposure time to 1/100 now to see if helps but i am not seeing any setting to alter gain control etc. Picture is still excellent though in dark. I also are not getting any sound even though switched on, I am using gDMSS to view via my Dahua NVR so maybe that is issue with that.
Thank you for the information. I went to 1/60 shutter speed and it seems to be doing good, but I do have a street light close by so that may help in my case. Here is where I want to put the 4 mm.

Camera 4F.jpg

Night-Owl

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Thank you for the information. I went to 1/60 shutter speed and it seems to be doing good. I do have a street light close by so that may help in my case. Here is where I want to put the 4 mm. I see it has a horizontal angle of 88 degrees.

View attachment 82821
Yes, think 4mm would be nice their. I got it as a middle ground as still want good shots of things close but did not want to restrict the width of view as much as a 6mm would.

Bulat

n3wb
Reaction score
Without motion a static image always looks good. I can make a piece of crap camera look like daytime at midnight as a static image. But then major blur and ghosting with motion.

People need to post motion videos as that is the only true test on the quality and settings of the camera...
total darkness

IMG_3999.JPG

View attachment test.mp4

k110

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Like others said, there is no 'one perfect setting', everything depends on the situation, especially how much light there is available. Standard exposure time is 1/12 for the ColorVu G2 but I believe that is a minimum setting, if the light allows, the camera will pick a higher exposure time. I've set mine to minimum 1/50 to reduce the moving blur but still get clear images. I'm still looking for a way to view the live exposure time the camera is taking..

@Bulat, try the LED's! It will light op your face.

@Night-Owl, not sure what's wrong in your settings, LED on motion detection work fine here. Quick tip, enable the dynamic analysis motion detection, it got acusense built in so it can distinguish people and cars.

TIP: Leave WDR disabled unless it's absolutely necessary.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Not bad, but there is ghosting and the face is a blur until the mobile device was shining on the face. Could you identify a complete stranger in that video? Plus you have snow that is reflecting a lot of light, even if there is little. Grass will make this video even worse.

Bulat

n3wb
Reaction score
What is the bit rate of your camera setting? Looks like it might be low. Also what is the shutter speed?
variable bit rate, exposure Time 1/25.

this is my first ever surveillance camera, I don't know much about settings

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
variable bit rate, exposure Time 1/25.

this is my first ever surveillance camera, I don't know much about settings
The variable bit rate should have a maximum. Maybe something around 10,000 in your case. My cameras will do the same if the bit rate is not high enough.

Night-Owl

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
S
How do I set the light to be on only where there is motion?
Still trying to work that out myself, I know you need the latest firmware available in this thread. I believe you have to go to Event and turn Enable Motion Detection on and also select white light in the arming schedule. But my light seems to be on all time or perhaps allot of motion :). I have also turned off Supplement Light Mode under Image.

k110

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
How do I set the light to be on only where there is motion?
1. Upgrade to latest firmware -> DOWNLOAD EU PORTAL (hikvisioneurope.com)
2. In the web interface of the camera -> configuration -> image -> day/night switch -> disable smart supplement light & disable supplement light mode
3. In the web interface of the camera -> configuration -> event -> enable motion detection -> linkage method -> enable white light and specify time

k110

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
S

Still trying to work that out myself, I know you need the latest firmware available in this thread. I believe you have to go to Event and turn Enable Motion Detection on and also select white light in the arming schedule. But my light seems to be on all time or perhaps allot of motion :).
You probably have supplement light mode on in the image settings (day/night switch) so when it gets dark and there is not enough light to work with your minimum exposure time he uses the LED's so they are always on. Disable the supplement light mode and try again.

Bulat

n3wb
Reaction score
1. Upgrade to latest firmware -> DOWNLOAD EU PORTAL (hikvisioneurope.com)
2. In the web interface of the camera -> configuration -> image -> day/night switch -> disable smart supplement light & disable supplement light mode
3. In the web interface of the camera -> configuration -> event -> enable motion detection -> linkage method -> enable white light and specify time
thank you

Night-Owl

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
My white light was staying on all the time but just done reboot from web settings and now everything good, coming on only with motion and turning off after 5 seconds. Not the whitest of light, it's a warm white rather than daylight light led but it works. :)

Night-Owl

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Just as a comment, I don't like the web interface in this camera as much as the Dahua interface, seems alot more settings available on the Dahua's. But the colour feasibility at night is so very good. Anough to outway my biased for the Dahua web interface :).

Last edited:

spammenotinoz

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Without motion a static image always looks good. I can make a piece of crap camera look like daytime at midnight as a static image. But then major blur and ghosting with motion.

People need to post motion videos as that is the only true test on the quality and settings of the camera...
If using sub-streams and the frame rates are not the same between streams then a delay occurs.
Mine is pretty instant, but there is a 1 sec delay before bi switches from sub to full stream.