Hikvision ColorVu + 4K (DS-2CD2087G2-L)

pozzello

Known around here
Reaction score
two set screws? you got a closeup picture of that please, if you open it again...

i could see one for Focus and one for Iris. (VF's would have one for zoom level, but a fixie won't have that.)
interesting that the Iris may be adjustable. That goes to brightness vs DoF...

But maybe the non-focus one is simply a screw to keep the lens attached to the mount and does not 'adjust' anything... ?

Now i'm curious and tempted to open up one of mine to check...

edit: opened. I was expecting to see an M16 or maybe CS lens, but no, these are bigger yet. i guess that makes sense, to make the most of the bigger sensor. possibly a regular C-mount? or something else...

Last edited:

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
To focus you just turn the lens. It was much easier to turn if you back off the set screw a turn as one might imagine. Hahahaha. However it would turn without backing off the set screws but harder of course.

Last edited:

Night-Owl

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Hello, Does anyone have a link to the latest firmware please, I believe I found 5.5.160 build 210209 on this forum before but latest I found on hikvision sites are V5.5.160 build 210108 which implies the one I found before is a month newer, no idea if any updates though, I only notice 1 is showing LED Light and 1 named White Light under motion detection so far.

Thank you

Night-Owl

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I think 210209 was removed as it had bugs in the software.
This would explain it, i just tried to downgrade but it won't let me :(. Guess I will need to wait for the next update on the 1 out of 4 having this higher version. All my cameras are swapped out now, so only have 4 * These Hiks, 3 * Lorex LNB8105x indoors and 2 * Dahua 5442E-Z4E's handling long range stuff. Going to get another 2* these Hik's in 2.8mm version within the month, the CCTV bug is on :)

ljw2k

Known around here
Reaction score
I have been told that you can downgrade but not on a windows 10 machine so if you have an old win7 PC then try that.
BTW I had the 210209 and put 210108 on my camera.

Night-Owl

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I have been told that you can downgrade but not on a windows 10 machine so if you have an old win7 PC then try that.
Dam, just through out my last pre Windows 10 machine. I still have Win 7 keys so I will do a fresh install of 7 on the oldest laptop and try.

Mtv

n3wb
Reaction score
I have win10pro, use chrome with hik extension to connect to cam via nvr so like 192.168.2.1:65001 and then it all worked for me, upgrade and downgrade.

Last edited:

ljw2k

Known around here
Reaction score
My UK Hikvision Distributor advises IE ( Internet Explorer ) to connect direct to the camera to do any settings including firmware updates and they didn't recommend any other browser.

Night-Owl

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Managed to downgrade using Chrome with the Hik Extension on a Windows 10 PC, thank you. This was a direct connection to the camera not via NVR but same as earlier try with IE and Chrome, so only difference seems to be the Hik Extension installed.

Night-Owl

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
This depends on if you are a retail customer or a trader. If you have any preference to where the goods are shipped from etc. Andy @EMPIRETECANDY can supply I believe anyone in any location at a price less than you will pay as a retail customer and is easily available etc. If you are a trader then their are places like DVS, Norbain.com etc in the UK not sure if they will ship that can supply these at very competitive prices. The issue at the moment is mainly stock, they are selling like hot cakes, so you need to check with Andy and or Suppliers mentioned what stock is available.

Last edited:

Night-Owl

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Finally had the front drive done, dropped kurb etc and hence lost the front fence. Which means the Hik is showing off, noted that turning the led light of on motion made picture alot better, otherwise had washed out number plates.

MicahJames

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
This depends on if you are a retail customer or a trader. If you have any preference to where the goods are shipped from etc. Andy @EMPIRETECANDY can supply I believe anyone in any location at a price less than you will pay as a retail customer and is easily available etc. If you are a trader then their are places like DVS, Norbain.com etc in the UK not sure if they will ship that can supply these at very competitive prices. The issue at the moment is mainly stock, they are selling like hot cakes, so you need to check with Andy and or Suppliers mentioned what stock is available.
Thank you. I bought a couple from Andy.

ljw2k

Known around here
Reaction score
Here is a quick clip setting as below of moving objects which have very little ghosting and smear.

Exposure 1/200
Bitrate 16384 MAX constant
LED OFF
HLC 10

With these settings the picture is a little darker but can capture number plates ( NOT ALL ) @ around 35yrds with a 2.8mm lens Daytime is much better at capturing plates with 100% success rate. Motion from someone walking past is Excellent very little ghosting especially with the 1/200 Exposure.

View attachment Hikvision.20210327_230000_1.mp4

Last edited: