Hikvision ColorVu + 4K (DS-2CD2087G2-L)

avotek

n3wb
Reaction score
I'm using a number of these cameras with Dahua NVR's. Anyone know of a way to get the audio to record along with the video with the Dahua NVR? Thanks!

avotek

n3wb
Reaction score
Not a dumb question at all... Clearly i am an idiot and will give that a try. thank you!

avotek

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks @alastairstevenson that took care of it. I can now hear audio on the video recording. One other question that you might be able to help me with: when i click on "audio detection" under the Alarm section of the Dahua NVR with the intention to set up audio exception and intensity change events, the NVR says "Failed to acquire config". Any obvious things that i might be missing in order to make that work or is it simply an incompatibility between Dahua and Hik? Appreciate your help!

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
I can now hear audio on the video recording.
Great!
Lots of people have missed that setting, you are far from alone.

when i click on "audio detection" under the Alarm section of the Dahua NVR with the intention to set up audio exception and intensity change events, the NVR says "Failed to acquire config".
How are you connecting the camera?
I'm assuming ONVIF.
Two things would be needed to make this work -
The camera would have to support a 'Sudden change in audio intensity' Smart Event - which isn't listed as available in the camera web GUI Smart Events menu.
Also - it would have to offer that event over ONVIF, and the NVR would have to support that event type over ONVIF. Typically, ONVIF connections only gain access to a subset of available event types.

Presumably due to one of the various bugs in the 5.5.160 firmware ... a CGI query on the DS-2CD2087G2-LU does not respond with an authentication dialogue.
This is what I'd expect to see, to confirm what is and what isn't supported, this fragment from a DS-2CD2347G2-LU when queried with
http://<camera_IP_address>/ISAPI/System/capabilities

Code:
<SmartCap version="2.0">
<isSupportROI>true</isSupportROI>
<isSupportFaceDetect>true</isSupportFaceDetect>
<isSupportIntelliTrace>false</isSupportIntelliTrace>
<isSupportFieldDetection>true</isSupportFieldDetection>
<isSupportDefocusDetection>false</isSupportDefocusDetection>
<isSupportAudioDetection>false</isSupportAudioDetection>
<isSupportSceneChangeDetection>true</isSupportSceneChangeDetection>
<isSupportLineDetection>true</isSupportLineDetection>
<isSupportRegionEntrance>false</isSupportRegionEntrance>
<isSupportRegionExiting>false</isSupportRegionExiting>
<isSupportLoitering>false</isSupportLoitering>
<isSupportGroup>false</isSupportGroup>
<isSupportRapidMove>false</isSupportRapidMove>
<isSupportParking>false</isSupportParking>
<isSupportUnattendedBaggage>true</isSupportUnattendedBaggage>
<isSupportAttendedBaggage>true</isSupportAttendedBaggage>
<isSupportPeopleDetection>false</isSupportPeopleDetection>
<isSupportSmartCalibration>true</isSupportSmartCalibration>
<isSupportStorageDetection>false</isSupportStorageDetection>
</SmartCap>

avotek

n3wb
Reaction score
you are correct. "<isSupportAudioDetection>false</isSupportAudioDetection>" for the DS-2CD2087G2-L(U)
i just assumed that if the camera included a microphone it would also support audio detection.
thanks again for all of the help.

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
OK, the new 4K 4MM camera is in its new location. The main reason for the move is to have the camera at eye level and closer to the side walk for better indentification of people walking by. Here is a picture. I will post a night time picture later on tonight. By the way my camouflage camera is in the top of the pine tree on the right. A view from the old location is the bottom photo and the 6mm version of this camera.

Camera LP5 New Location.jpg

Camera LP5 4K.jpg

Last edited:

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
Much better!
By the way I have taken the 6mm version appart and I am going to see if I can adjust the focus. Not hard at all to take appart.

Edit: I took a couple of pictures of the camera being appart. There are two plastic clips that you push down on at the front bottom to release the face plate. After that there are 4 screws that you now have access to in order to take the camera cases appart. I used a #1 Philips and was very careful. The adjusting part of the lens has some type of black "goop" to keep the adjustment part from moving. I was able to remove the goop in 3 places using and Xacto knife. I can now turn the lens adjustment. I will set it all up tomorrow and play with it. Here are the pictures.

Hikvision 4K Camera Appart.JPG

Hikvision 4K Camera Appart Beta.JPG

Last edited:

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
As promised here is a night picture for the 4mm camera in the new location. Looks pretty good to me and way, way better than the previous cameras overlooking this location. This is the best yet by far. :)

Hikvision 4K 4MM Camera Night Picture.jpg

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
Better install the camear on a higher place, a little pity the tree in the middle of the lens.
No need Andy. The purpose of this camera is to get a good view of people walking by on the sidewalk. Here is a picture from a Dahua 5442E-Z4E showing the street behind tree. This picture shows exactly why I favor the 5442E-Z4E over the 5442E-Z4. Just my opinion, but for some reason you get a better night picture with the Z4E.

Camera 1F Night View Of Street.jpg

Mofo84

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I purchased 4 cameras from Andy to replace a old webcam I was using. Two of them are these models in 2.8mm and 6mm so far I only have the 2.8mm up and a Hikvision DS-2DE4A425IW-DE ptz and a Dahua HFW5241E-Z12E.
Here is how the 2.8 looks.DS-2CD2087G2-L(U) 2.8MM 2021-03-23 02.44.55.997 AM.jpg

Last edited:

Night-Owl

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I found a trick, This 4K colorvu bullet also can work with dahua PFA130-E :D

View attachment 85283
Good spot, I have been having to re drill at least 2 of the 3 holes as slightly larger base, also been mounting upside down according to base so the holes for wire is side and bottom instead of top, just me being fussy about water ingress. I wish cameras came with those blanking plugs you put over the entry holes not required.

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
Ok, after taking the 6mm version appart I did a refocus. The focusing is not as sensitive as I had thought. The near focus is turning the adjustment counter clockwise viewing from the front of the camera. Progress has been made for the near objects to come into focus at the expense of 100 feet. 12 Feet to the faucet and 10 feet to the paint can. I would say 12 feet is in focus. I have just the spot for this camera in the back yard. ;)Hikvision 6mm Refocus Beta.jpg

Last edited:

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
I have a stand with an old license plate and an 8x11" printout of this for focusing: Focus Pattern Instruction
Thank you for that. No doubt in my mind that this camera was not focused properly as it came from the factory. I will install it in the backyard this afternoon. I have a dental appointment to make before I can install it. :) It is not that hard to change the focus.