Hikvision ColorVu + 4K (DS-2CD2087G2-L)

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Your min and max are reversed (unless it is bad translation where ever that camera came from)

0.10 ms is equal to 1/10,000s shutter speed (decent speed)
80ms is equal to 1/12.5s shutter speed (really slow)

I think the .10 and 80 should be switched.

BUT, to capture plates, the shutter cannot be changing speeds, so put in 0.5 min and 0.5 max so that the shutter doesn't change.

More IR always helps.

Moshel

n3wb
Reaction score
Your min and max are reversed (unless it is bad translation where ever that camera came from)

0.10 ms is equal to 1/10,000s shutter speed (decent speed)
80ms is equal to 1/12.5s shutter speed (really slow)

I think the .10 and 80 should be switched.

BUT, to capture plates, the shutter cannot be changing speeds, so put in 0.5 min and 0.5 max so that the shutter doesn't change.

More IR always helps.
it is minimum time 1/10000, maximum time 1/12.5 which is correct?
i'll try with constant speed and see how it goes. Might put one camera for license plates, one for just surveillance footage as they seems to be mutually exclusive. If i can work the besder to do it, this is a 20$ camera or such so no big loss.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Depends on how the camera interprets it - usually min time is the smaller (slower shutter speed), which would be 1/12.5

Night-Owl

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Hello, I have a few of these and my very latest which is only about 6 months old has developed condensation issues. I see that I can take apart by pressing down on some clips at the bottom of the front camera case from looking at this forum which I am thinking maybe why such would happen. I would normally expect some type of plastic front and then 4 screws holding the front on pressed against a rubber seal. Has anyone else faced condensation issues at all ?. None of my other cameras of this model has had issues and as these cameras were bought from a UK supplier i will contact them before tampering. Thank you

marzian

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello, I have a few of these and my very latest which is only about 6 months old has developed condensation issues. I see that I can take apart by pressing down on some clips at the bottom of the front camera case from looking at this forum which I am thinking maybe why such would happen. I would normally expect some type of plastic front and then 4 screws holding the front on pressed against a rubber seal. Has anyone else faced condensation issues at all ?. None of my other cameras of this model has had issues and as these cameras were bought from a UK supplier i will contact them before tampering. Thank you
I have 3. One has been outside in the elements of the northeast for almost 2 years. Along with some old Hikvison cameras that have been out for 10 years. No condensation issue in any of them.

Last edited:

coney27

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
No condensation issues here. Mine is still working flawlessly for the last 2 years

DanDenver

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I bought a case of the 2.8 and 4mm...a lot of them having focus issues.
Exact same issue I had with that camera. And that is why I now own Color4X.
The 2087 had so many focus issues. Those cameras are now sitting in boxes in the basement.

Night-Owl

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Concerning the amount of these that must have been sold and they are still readily available even having 2 versions I.e latest ones have C on model no. You would have thought correcting the manufacting process to focus them correctly would have been sorted.

I will see what the supplier says and you have reminded me that I need to obtain a Color4x to see what they are like as I note good reviews on them.

The dahua varificus I had 5 meters away also had condensation issues but as well over 2 years old, I just opened up, cleared lense and replaced silica bags.

Last edited:

ZeeCam

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I only bought one and it's been fine for 2 years, though I am glad I didn't buy more of them as there is no firmware updates it seems

DanDenver

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
If anyone is in Denver (south denver specifically) I would be happy to pass on my 2 2087's no charge. I won't use them in the future so someone should get some good use out of them.

Night-Owl

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I only bought one and it's been fine for 2 years, though I am glad I didn't buy more of them as there is no firmware updates it seems

Yes, I had earlier ones and very upset they did not bother with updates for these. The later ones that end (C) they did though. I am still buying them as in UK I am not seeing anything better for the price range. Unless someone tells me a later model has come out I have missed or something ?.

electret

n3wb
Reaction score
Can anyone determine the RAM and ROM on this cam? And tell me how can i check it myself? Some linux command(s)?

Last edited:

DanDenver

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
A sincere question
What do you do with that knowledge? How does this affect the settings on the camera?

electret

n3wb
Reaction score
RAM and ROM values let me compare one cam model to another. IP Cams are linux boxes which hopefully means that increased RAM shall enable smarter AI functions/detections/processing besides possibility of custom firmware, modding etc.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
IP Cams are linux boxes which hopefully means that increased RAM shall enable smarter AI functions/detections/processing besides possibility of custom firmware, modding etc.
You are quite right.
The big change though is the amount of flash memory now needed to accommodate the big increase in firmware size driven by the so-called AI feature sets.
Much of the RAM is still assigned to buffering the video streams as opposed to processing data for the 'AI' functions.

Custom firmware - well, realistically, that would be a massive effort.
Look how long it's taken Hikvision and Dahua to make progress, even with their scale.