Hikvision Cube sends audio to BI but I can't send audio to Cube

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I just tested with iVMS-4500 mobile app and works as expected. I do not own any android device.
Since iVMS works then settings in the camera are ok. What can I set in BlueIris for this to work?
blue iris works...i have used it with both android and ios apps in the past..i havent tested ios with BI4...
Android works as expected...with g711ulaw....you must have something set incorrectly..dont know what it is though...
Ivms always worked a bit better though...

chupakbra

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
blue iris works...i have used it with both android and ios apps in the past..i havent tested ios with BI4...
Android works as expected...with g711ulaw....you must have something set incorrectly..dont know what it is though...
Ivms always worked a bit better though...
@fenderman, I don't know if you're the maker of BlueIris.
Should I just email support regarding this issue?

Last edited by a moderator:

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
@fenderman, I don't know if you're the maker of BlueIris.
Should I just email support regarding this issue?
I am not...if you cant get it working you should email support..you will have to provide access to the camera so he can troubleshoot it...(you will need to port forward the http port, rtsp and media ports...)

chupakbra

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I am not...if you cant get it working you should email support..you will have to provide access to the camera so he can troubleshoot it...(you will need to port forward the http port, rtsp and media ports...)
I'll most likely go that route. Thank you

Palmpilot

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I contacted Ken from Blue Iris and as usual he was amazingly responsive and helpful.
He wrote me: "Blue Iris is expecting uLaw ... do you have the option to change that from aLaw to uLaw?"

I changed my Hikvision cube to G.711ulaw, then restarted Blue Iris (iPhone) and sound comes in loud and clear. No more static.

Attachments

chupakbra

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I contacted Ken from Blue Iris and as usual he was amazingly responsive and helpful.
He wrote me: "Blue Iris is expecting uLaw ... do you have the option to change that from aLaw to uLaw?"

I changed my Hikvision cube to G.711ulaw, then restarted Blue Iris (iPhone) and sound comes in loud and clear. No more static.

It seems that you had issues with the sound coming from the cameras (the headphones in the BI iPhone app). In my case I have issues with sound coming out of the cameras (the microphone icon in the BI app)

In your case both way audio works as expected?

Palmpilot

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
No. I had issues with sound going from the iPhone to the camera (microphone icon on BI iphone). Never had issues with hearing the camera on BI iPhone (headset icon).

CDAPete

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I also have one of these Hik Cube 4K cams. I can record and/or monitor audio coming from the camera. I can also play it back in my clips but I cannot activate the microphone icon in my Android app as it is grey-out and will not change. Therefore I can't speak to someone though the camera in that room if I chose to. Could this be an issue with the BI Android app or is it more likely a setting in the BI PC software that is affecting the Android app itself?