Hikvision Cubes resetting to factory after power outage?

Reaction score
I have four hikvision cubes model number DS-2CD2432F-IW and two of them have started to reset to factory defaults after a power outage. I thought maybe these would have a battery inside them to maintain settings but the only reference to a battery in the manual is in the warnings section. They don't appear to be user serviceable. Any Idea why this is happening? What can I do to fix it?

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I have four hikvision cubes model number DS-2CD2432F-IW and two of them have started to reset to factory defaults after a power outage. I thought maybe these would have a battery inside them to maintain settings but the only reference to a battery in the manual is in the warnings section. They don't appear to be user serviceable. Any Idea why this is happening? What can I do to fix it?
Hi Slopecarver,

Great question, I'm looking forward to seeing what the more knowledgeable folks here have to say as I am eager to learn more.

Also thanks for your first post, seeing that you maybe new:

It's easy to get swamped with information here, so I wanted to share some notes with you

Please check out @giomania 's notes:
Dahua Starlight Varifocal Turret (IPC-HDW5231R-Z)

I have also made notes which are a summary of a lot of the reading I've been doing here,:
Looking for some advice and direction!

Have fun joining us here.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score