Hikvision DS-2CD2035FWD-I bullet camera is shutting down in relatively warm heat.

TJ01

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi I’ve been using the 2035 for about two months. It’s replaced the 2042 4mp bullet camera on the front of the house for better night time footage.
About a month ago here in the uk we had a crazy couple of days when the sun was out and the temperature was about 24 C.
The front of the house gets the early sun and the back of the house gets the afternoon sun. About 09:30 the footage starts stuttering and then there was no video. Nothing worked until the following day around 10pm in the evening when the camera came back on. It’s been working great until today when the mini heatwave has comeback with strong sun on the front and currently 20 C. The camera started stuttering and freezing then shuts down and is still offline.

I was wondering if anyone else has experienced this before. I have a theory that I will try when I get time and it’s to do with the onboard mini sd card. I think maybe that is overheating or causing the camera to shutdown in the strong morning sun.

The 2042 4mp camera was running for 2 years with no problem and have three more of these around the house never missed a beat.

I will have to try taking that out and see if the camera works.
Hopefully someone can shine some light on this. Pardon the pun

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
HI TJ01,

Try to shade the camera from direct sun light and see if that results in improved performance.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Hopefully someone can shine some light on this.
How is the camera powered?
If POE, what's the estimated length of cable, and what type of conductors (solid copper, stranded copper, CCA)?
If a managed switch what stats show on the connected port?