Hikvision DS-2CD2055FWD-I not working

millz63

n3wb
Reaction score
Hikvision DS-2CD2055FWD-I

I've just received two of these cameras. One is working fine but the other does not work at all.

It does not show up in the SADP tool and I've tried to update the firmware using the TFTP tool but I've attached the error it is showing.

On the switch all the other cameras have a solid green light with flashing orange but this one only has a solid green with no orange. It does however show activity with the orange flashing on the switch whilst using the TFTP tool.

Attachments

StewartM

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Have you tried a reset? Remove the plate on the underside, hold the button down with the Ethernet cable unplugged. Attach the cable while still pressing the button down, and wait 10 secs before you release it. Try SADP after that.

SouthernYankee

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Try a reset first!

What are the IP address of your other cameras and your PC ?
Do you have an IP conflict ?

how are you powering the camera with a power plug transformer or a POE switch ? If using a power plug use a different one or use POE.

Test with a short premade copper ethernet cable.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
I've tried to update the firmware using the TFTP tool but I've attached the error it is showing.
No errors apart from a flakey network connection and the wrong firmware being tried.

That model can be confusing as to the correct firmware.
What was the link to the download source?