Hikvision DS-2CD2132F-IS video stream mico-stutter, help.

Hitman

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi,

My DS-2CD2132F-IS video stream has a pause/micro-stutter every second or so, this shows up with direct to cam live view using the browser interface and through Qnap surveillance station-live view, this is with 3MP@12fps and 1080@25ps, both same results, running on a gigabit network.

Can anyone assist as to what maybe the cause?

Thanks.

Hitman

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks Alastair and FM,

Here is a video (had to zip it to upload here), look at the top right and you can see the tree and washing blowing in the wind with start/stop/start/stop stuttering and a capture of the cam settings you requested.

Let me know if you require any other settings.

Thanks.

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
To me the camera settings look fine, though others may comment in detail. It's a topic that's been aired before on here.
But - can you save an actual video recording, as opposed to a video of the live view video? That may eliminate some possible causes.
If you are using Surveillance Station on your QNAP and have a spare camera channel, that should work, grab a file off the \Recordings share. Or you could get the camera to record direct-to-disc if you can get the QNAP to offer a share or quota that's sized at around 200GB or smaller, via the camera 'storage' menus.

Hitman

n3wb
Reaction score
Grabbed a file from the recording share but having difficulty playing it without the right codec, doesn't seem to be one on the net :/

I'll try the direct to disk method tomorrow, thanks for looking at this for me!

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
The file from the \Recording share needs the codec from the QVR client install to work on Windows Media Player.
I could play it OK - but most here could not.
You should find the camera NAS storage interesting to explore anyway - it's a neat feature for a camera - despite the strange maximum size limitation.

Hitman

n3wb
Reaction score
Yes it it's very interesting to see the structure, just getting into NAS after using a server for sometime really liking the apps/features, Ok I can play the file copied from the share using MPC-HC x86 that I have attached below PM'd you the password, thanks.

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
I've tried a few times various ways but cannot get a download that's not corrupted, so unable to check it out.