Hikvision DS-2CD2332-I upgraded to v5.3.0, now can't login

sharpharp

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi,

My email alerts had stopped working, after no luck fixing the issue I decided to upgrade the firmware.

I did an EXPORT CONFIG FILE first when it was on v5.2.0

I then downloaded the v5.3.0 from the Hikvision Europe site, and now I can't login to the camera. 404 language mismatch.

The camera was bought from a genuine seller on aliexpress, seller was cctv camera china, so it came with English settings.

The camera is still recording etc, its just that I can't access it via web.

As I took an export config file backup, what is the best way to get It back working?

Last edited by a moderator:

whoslooking

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
If it was Originally 5.20 (you need to check the sticker) you can use the 5.16 in my signature.
From there you can do the mtd hack, once done successfully (and your camera was a 5.20) you can upgrade with EN firmware to the newest version.

sharpharp

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi all,

Thanks for your replies. Just checked the side sticker:
The writing is mostly in Chinese on the box sticker, but it clearly says V5.2.0_140721 which matches the exact firmware on the camera prior to me stupidly updating it to V5.3.0 from here: http://www.hikvisioneurope.com/portal/index.php?dir=Product Firmware/Cameras/DS-2CD2xx2/V5.3.0 build 150814(new)/

I assumed that because my menus etc were all in English in V5.2.0, that I could update it using the above English version from their Hikvision Europe site.

So, you guys reckon Downgrader first or 5.1.6 first? Is it possible for me to go back to V5.2.0_140721 as it came?

sharpharp

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Right, I've spent hours and hours on this today...

Did the 5.3.0 to 5.2.5 downgrader as you guys mentioned as follows:

1) Got an old Windows XP laptop out and set the IP to 192.0.0.128
2) Ran the Downloader files tftpserv.exe to send the firmware across and the booted the camera
3) File send was successful, so I restarted the camera and tried to login via a Web browser to 192.0.0.64 which gives me the ability to login, but on the login screen there is no English language, I'm just getting square boxes (presumably Chinese) as I don't have Windows Chinese language packs installed on my Laptop...

Then realised I was using the wrong digicap file, and downloaded the 5.1.6 one and that's got English now.... Phew

How do I know if I need to do the mtd hack as well? -The Events tab "Arming schedule" for example shows Mon to Sun in English.... or is it a different tab/setting that is in English?

Can I upgrade this any further, or is this it?
I'm showing Firmware version: V5.1.6 build 140612 and Encoding Version V5.0 build 140411

If I can upgrade to a newer firmware, please post the link as I don't wan to put the wrong version on again...

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator: