Hikvision DS-2CD2335-I black picture

GPA

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi

I got a problem with this brand new camera - it show only a black picture - any idea what to try here?

regards

J.K.

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Completely black? Reset it to defaults. If it still doesn't work then send it back.

GPA

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi thx for your replay, there must be a reason for this...

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Unless you haven't unboxed it, then I'd say it's broken if it's completely black and everything else is normal?

What have you got it plugged into (NVR, power supply, PoE switch etc)? Is is completely black in the web-gui or via the NVR? What browser are you using (is it just a plug-in error)?

Some more information might help, it could be a million different things with what you've said so far.

GPA

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi i have had it open to take some picture of the lens. All other seems to be normal. It's in POE switch to a PC, and yes it's black picture in web-gui I try with EI and Google crome and also in Hikvision software.

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Ok, Google Chrome won't work so don't use that.

IE will work (unless you are Windows 10, then you need to Open IE from Microsoft Edge), if you have Firefox then try that as it will work too. Black picture sounds like a plug-in fault. Do you have another Hikvision camera working in the same browser? If so, it's not the plug-in. Have you got the camera set to H264? If not, then try that.

If you've tried all the basics like swapping the cables for different ones and resetting the camera then it's probably DoA.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
A dumb question for which apologies - did you open the camera to take a picture of the lens before you tested it and found the black picture in Live View?
The data cable between the main board and the sensor board is quite short and some care would be needed top ensure it was still correctly connected.

GPA

n3wb
Reaction score
Now it want me to activate it - this I never seen before, what is that?

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
It's one of the new security measures, to ensure the default password is not left available for use, and to ensure the new password is strong enough to be worth having.

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Oh I never thought about that. Strange that not activating it means a black screen. You would have had to activate it first to reset it btw!

GPA

n3wb
Reaction score
I needed to show how the lens was secure to the mainboard

GPA

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi I have reeset the camera to basic and this screen popup to activate the camera I use the password it come with and it work to showup the login screen going on to sap - BUT in the end no picture

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
BUT in the end no picture
You need the webcomponents plug-in installed to view any pictures - have you installed this?
What browser are you using? IE11 works best, up-to-date Chrome will not work, Edge will not work.

GPA

n3wb
Reaction score
I have installed the webcomponent from the CD using firefox, crome, ei

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
OK, maybe would be worth trying something that does not depend on the browser.
If you have the VLC media player (most people do), and you are sure of the camera IP address (maybe confirmed using the Hikvision tool SADP - definitely worth having for Hikvision products) and the password that you created, then try adding the camera as an RTSP video stream using 'Open Network Stream' in VLC, something like:
rtsp://camera_IP_address:554

GPA

n3wb
Reaction score
Update in this case

Try with VLC still no picture.

It say also "Failed to get stream, start reconnection, Error code 24, The channel is unavailable"

It is still possible to access the camera in the menu...

- - - Updated - - -

Din't work