Hikvision ds-2cd2432f-iw audio not working in BlueIris

EOppie

n3wb
Reaction score
So I have a ds-2cd2432f-iw

I can hear audio fine through the android app, and on the recording. However I cannot seem to "send" audio to the camera speaker through the android app. I checked, and it does work using the native camera android app, however when I press and light up the "microphone" button on the BlueIris app, nothing happens.

Any ideas?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
So I have a ds-2cd2432f-iw

I can hear audio fine through the android app, and on the recording. However I cannot seem to "send" audio to the camera speaker through the android app. I checked, and it does work using the native camera android app, however when I press and light up the "microphone" button on the BlueIris app, nothing happens.

Any ideas?
The "talk" function is not supported by blue iris at this time. I asked Ken to implement it...that was several months back. I would encourage you to email him and request the feature. More folks requesting it would bring it up on his list of priorities. http://www.blueirissoftware.com/11.html

EOppie

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks fenderman, I have sent Ken an email. I guess in the meantime I will need to get the iVMS-4500 app provided by Hikvision up and working through the firewall for 2-way chats.

erkme73

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
It would appear Ken is starting to work on this. The latest "what's new" addresses two-way audio for ONVIF cameras. I've played with it, but still can't seem to get it working from the BI app in Android. Anyone have any luck?

from help file said:
The audio "back channel" is now supported for ONVIF/RTSP cameras which offer this functionality. This means that it's now possible to speak/send audio to these cameras using the Mic icon and client apps without further camera-specific custom support. You will find a new checkbox on the Network IP camera configuration window from the Video tab in camera properties. Only PCM-U law format is currently implemented for this however.

Reaction score
Strange, I have the same camera but am not able to hear audio from my mobile device. Although I am able to send audio through the camera but it is not very clear at all.

whoslooking

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
The audio is the first thing that drops out on a slow connect, works good on 4G but 3G or less is hit and miss.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Strange, I have the same camera but am not able to hear audio from my mobile device. Although I am able to send audio through the camera but it is not very clear at all.
in the cameras video setting you must set it to "video and audio" not simply video. You need to do this for BOTH the main and substream.

nikoli

n3wb
Reaction score
Can anyone confirm if two way audio is now working in the Blue Iris Android mobile app? Looking to add the DS‑2CD2432F‑IW as a doorbell cam/intercom.

Thanks!