Hikvision DS-2CD2532-I(S) Unboxing (with pictures!)

hmjgriffon

Known around here
Reaction score
Original product:
http://www.hikvision.com/en/products_show.asp?id=9446

View attachment 664View attachment 665View attachment 666View attachment 667View attachment 668View attachment 669View attachment 670

to my surprise, the Mic is actually built-in! Thing is built like a tank, metal pieces in most places and and heavier than it looks. Live picture quality looks better than other 3MP cameras for some reason. We just got the thing so will have to do more testing, just want to share some pictures.

It kinda looks like that black ring would block some of the IR light?

milkisbad

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Oh the black ring is a tool for adjusting the angle of the camera, it slides into the 2 holes on the camera then you twist the plastic ring to adjust.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
I see it doesn't quite have a full range of motion, but it is 3-axis adjustable and very small which is pretty cool! Specs didn't say anything about the microphone. Does it have a built in speaker too, or is that what the audio pin(s) are for on the green-ended dongle?

digger11

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Does it have a built in speaker too, or is that what the audio pin(s) are for on the green-ended dongle?
No built in speaker. The pin marked "A" on the audio/alarm cable (green-ended dongle) is the audio output. The other 3 pins are alarm input, alarm output, and ground. I assume that the ground connection is a common ground for all 3 of the other pins.

milkisbad

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Sounds like the perfect camera for a standalone intercom once you hook up some sound to it.

We are having some issues though with the range of the built-in Mic, didn't pick up the sound that well compared to external mics...had to almost speak right into it, perhaps its some settings..

digger11

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Sounds like the perfect camera for a standalone intercom once you hook up some sound to it.

We are having some issues though with the range of the built-in Mic, didn't pick up the sound that well compared to external mics...had to almost speak right into it, perhaps its some settings..
Assuming it is like the 2432F, try raising the Input Volume in the advanced configuration's audio tab.
audio.jpg

camillo777

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Does this camera needs to be put on the ceiling or can be placed also in other positions like for example the cube camera?

milkisbad

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I seen both wall and ceiling installs...

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

zeoclang

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Have any pictures of it in use? I would really like to see how it performs in low light conditions when left in full color day mode.

luisc202

n3wb
Reaction score
I'll PM you a Live Demo of the NVR that is connected to it, it will be the last camera on the list. Be assured we are in US haha even though the demographics might suggest otherwise.
Please send a pm to me as well. I am interested. Do you have these in stock?

vector18

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Lets see a screenshot of it's image......

soundkite

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks for the review. I'm more interested in photos 'from' the camera instead of 'of' the camera.

zeoclang

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I'll PM you a Live Demo of the NVR that is connected to it, it will be the last camera on the list. Be assured we are in US haha even though the demographics might suggest otherwise.
What size lens?

johny82

n3wb
Reaction score
Anyone have a sample video with sound? Also the sound comes over the cat5e with the video?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Yes if you order the S version with sound it comes over Ethernet together with the video stream.