Hikvision DS-2CD2642FWD-IS audio

zino66

n3wb
Reaction score
I got this Hikvision http://www.hikvision.com/us/Products_1_10534_i7722.html, English version, firmware version: V5.3.8
I got the same mic in the attached picture. I got this cheap mic to practice, if it works I will get a nicer one if needed.

I cut both end cables on the mic and connected the red wire to "G" and white mic wire to "In" in the camera as pictured

In ivms4200: I played with every possible configuration on the screen inlcuding "Line in", "mic in", .. . . . . ....

any suggestion to why it's not working and a solution if possible would be appreciated

Thanks

Attachments

rpc

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi,

I also sought a long time for a good micro, but these from China on ali were not good quality, lots of noise and hiss. Finally I bought an electret microphone capsule from Panasonic (WM61), using the cam's internal ampli ("mic in"). By far the best sound quality I got in my tests.

Btw. your mic is active, so you need to provide 12VDC on the red plug coax cable, the white plug (cinch) coax cable is your output to the cam. The way you did it will not work.

Last edited by a moderator:

zino66

n3wb
Reaction score
Thank you for your help.
Did you simply connect the electret microphone to the camera directly or you built some kind of circuit ?
Can you post a picture ?

thanks