Hikvision DS-2CD2642FWD Reboot failed at night

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
It is a pre-made cable with power cable. I ran 8 cameras to my system all using the same cables, this camera is the only one giving me problems. I purchased a 4 line power adapter splitter.

How can I use the POE injector with the NVR? I thought the NVR supplied power to the cameras as well.
Something doesn't make sense. Is this ethernet cable? Why is there separate power?

Reaction score
Something doesn't make sense. Is this ethernet cable? Why is there separate power?
When I purchased the cameras, all USA version Hikvision cameras, at checkout there were suggestions for cables, one end was ethernet the other was power. Kind of like the older BNC with the power tail as well.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
When I purchased the cameras, all USA version Hikvision cameras, at checkout there were suggestions for cables, one end was ethernet the other was power. Kind of like the older BNC with the power tail as well.
This is very strange. If the cameras are POE and the NVR has POE ports you dont need and should not use additional power cables. How are you sending power over the power cables? if you are using a 12v power adapter this is certainly the cause of your issue.