HikVision ds-2cd2t42wd-i5 Password And Username Lost - Can you help this beginner?

FV_RHI

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello,
I have been tasked with handling the security setup in the Shop where I work. Our new system is based on a HiLook DVR, and we have been connecting analog cameras and IP cameras from two different security systems that were previously installed. The IP cameras are two Sony Ipela Dome cameras and three Hikvision Bullet Cameras (ds-2cd2t42wd-i5)

I would like to preface by saying I only have vague knowledge of IT. I have managed to set up the Sony cameras by changing the dvr IP, but for the Hikvision cameras its not as simple.
They appear as active on the DVR IP Cameras, online Device menu, but i have not been able to reach them through browser (using their IP) or Terminal (even when connected directly to the router, with ethernet and a power cord). They show an error when added for "username or password incorrect", however there are no tracks of what the username and password could be.
They are powered up, and I have tried unplugging and plugging, but that did not fix them.
My idea so far has been to reset them, but i learnt this model does not have access to a reset button.

additional information:
-the dvr and cameras are linked to a PoE switch
-the sony IP cameras are working
-I have tried plugging one of the Hikvision cameras directly into the dvr but nothing changed

Any ideas on what this problem might be?
Keep in mind that while I appreciate any help, I am not an expert in any way, so i would need to ask you to provide me with step-by-step instructions as if you were writing a "for dummies" guide...I want to be honest!

Thank you in advance!

whoslooking

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Easiest way to recover them is to reflash the firmware to the camera this will clear them back to factory settings.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
there are no tracks of what the username and password could be
even when connected directly to the router, with ethernet and a power cord
Suggestion :
When connected in this way, install Hikvision's SADP tool on a PC on the same network.

This will find all Hikvision devices on the same wiring as the PC.

If the firmware version that's shown is 5.4.0 or earlier, use this URL in the browser, replacing the IP address with that of the camera as shown in SADP :
That should extract a configuration file.
Zip it up and attach here, it can be decrypted and decoded to expose the password.

acvb

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Suggestion :
When connected in this way, install Hikvision's SADP tool on a PC on the same network.

This will find all Hikvision devices on the same wiring as the PC.

If the firmware version that's shown is 5.4.0 or earlier, use this URL in the browser, replacing the IP address with that of the camera as shown in SADP :
That should extract a configuration file.
Zip it up and attach here, it can be decrypted and decoded to expose the password.