Hikvision DS-2DE2202I-DE3/W PTZ IR Cam Firmware 5.3.8 - Line Crossing Detection Issue

normel

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Re: Hikvision DS-2DE2202I-DE3/W PTZ IR Cam Firmware 5.3.8 - Line Crossing Detection I

Try to install the ivms-4200 client, and add the camera. Try accessing the configuration from there. is the option available there?

DonIsGood

n3wb
Reaction score
Re: Hikvision DS-2DE2202I-DE3/W PTZ IR Cam Firmware 5.3.8 - Line Crossing Detection I

Try to install the ivms-4200 client, and add the camera. Try accessing the configuration from there. is the option available there?
Thankyou @normel for the tips - much appreciated.

The good news is that Trigger Channel now appears under Line Crossing Detection... just when I thought I could pull out a cigar for job well done, I am prompt with an error message when I tried to enable the Line Crossing Detection option... d'oh! Guess I'll have to stick with Motion Detection for now until a time when Hikvision releases a new firmware to replace V5.3.8...

Cheers to all for your help

Last edited by a moderator:

DonIsGood

n3wb
Reaction score

@DonIsGood Did you call Hikvision in Australia ?
Yep, I sure did and they proved to be as USELESS as a log of wood.... actually a log of wood would prove more useful!

Not only did they take their time to respond (this is after numerous follow up I might add) - 4 weeks later - they finally said it's not within their company policy to help. Great customer service guys, NOT!

With the lack of support; rest assured this will be the last Hikvision I'll purchase and I'll be advising all my clients not to use their product... Grrrrrrrrrrr!

Regardless, thanks for all your kind assistance @Frankosor.

Enabler

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score

Do you have "CH" in the serial number?

If not then it's not Chinese

Also I might have missed it - but did you try a config reset in the maintenance page?

DonIsGood

n3wb
Reaction score

HI @Enabler, Thanks for the heads-up - much appreciated.

The serial Number does not contain "CH". It does however contain "CCWR" if it means anything?

Yep, I have reset the camera twice already and the same issue persist.

Cheers,

Enabler

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score

Why did they say it was not their policy to help? Did you tell them you bought it from aliexpress? (maybe why if so).

Also try firefox if you havent't already.

Does it format the SD OK? Record video and pictures to the SD OK?

You can try firmware downgrade in TFTP (since this isn't a Chinese camera with hacked firmware). This should be low risk. It may or may not be accepted.