Hikvision DS-2DE2202I-DE3/W PTZ IR Cam Firmware 5.3.8 - Line Crossing Detection Issue

DonIsGood

n3wb
Reaction score
G'day all,

I'm a newbie here (please be gentle lol) and I'm a bit stump when setting up the Line Crossing Detection on my newly acquired (and released) Hikvision DS-2DE2202I-DE3/W PTZ IR Camera - I was hoping someone here might be able to share some light on how to resolve please?

When setting up Line Crossing Detection, I noticed the "Trigger Channel" option at the bottom of the page is missing; thus there's nil option for me record to the MicroSD card

However the Trigger Channel option is present for Motion Detection as shown here:

I'm just wondering if this is due to the limitation of the firmware? The pre-loaded firmware version is V5.3.8 build 150707 (English) / encoding version V5.0 build 150707

Does anyone know what I needed to do to bring the "Trigger Channel" option back in play? Harass the Aliexpress whom I bought this from? Or there's a trick to activate the said option that I am not aware of? If anyone can share some light that would be much appreciated. Many thanks in advance.

PS For the record, I also own the Hikvision DS-2CD2122F-I(W)(S) V5.2.5 Fixed Dome IP cam and the "Trigger Channel" option is present for Line Crossing Detection and it works like a treat!

Cheers!

Attachments

Frankosor

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Re: Hikvision DS-2DE2202I-DE3/W PTZ IR Cam Firmware 5.3.8 - Line Crossing Detection I

Hello DonIsGood and welcome to the forum

I have place an order for this model of camera, but still waiting for it, so i can't help you yet but it seems
that it could be a firmware problem.

Do you know if it's a Original english camera or chinese model ? Chinese model with hack firmware could be the explanation,
if no chinese, open a ticket at hikvision to solve the problem

DonIsGood

n3wb
Reaction score
Re: Hikvision DS-2DE2202I-DE3/W PTZ IR Cam Firmware 5.3.8 - Line Crossing Detection I

Hi Frankosor,

Many thanks for the heads up regarding the issue I am experiencing.

I ordered mine via Aliexpress from a seller called CCTV Camera Wholesale (http://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/c1EvncCs) and the seller did promise it's an Original English version. In hearing what you are saying, you might be right that CCTV Camera Wholesale might have hack the Chinese firmware to come up with an English version? Having said that, the print documentation (Quick User Guide) included with the camera is written in English...

Just wondering if you have the link to open a ticket at Hikvision? If you could kindly advise that would be much appreciated. Thankyou.

Cheers!

Last edited by a moderator:

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score

Hi Frankosor,

Many thanks for the heads up regarding the issue I am experiencing.

I ordered mine via Aliexpress from a seller called CCTV Camera Wholesale (http://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/KOhZzBa) and the seller did promise it's an Original English version. In hearing what you are saying, you might be right that CCTV Camera Wholesale might have hack the Chinese firmware to come up with an English version.

Just wondering if you have the link to open a ticket at Hikvision? If you could kindly advise that would be much appreciated. Thankyou.

Cheers!
It is very important to understand that English firmware is different than US region.

Frankosor

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score

Does you box was a colored box (red and white) or brown box when you camera arrived ?

DonIsGood

n3wb
Reaction score

Does you box was a colored box (red and white) or brown box when you camera arrived ?
Hi there, the box the camera came in was a coloured box (i.e. red and white and with a colour photo of the camera)... does it mean I am in a better luck to be able to seek help from Hikvision? :numbness:

Cheers!

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score

@DonIsGood Try uninstalling all webcomponents from the browser and reinstalling or using another browser that you have not yet used with another hikvision camera...its a long shot, but often when using cameras with different firmware, the interface can be corrupted...

DonIsGood

n3wb
Reaction score

Hi Fenderman,

Thankyou for the tips re uninstalling the webcomponents/using another browser. Unfortunately the issue persists and the "Trigger Channel" option didn't not mysteriously appear.

One thing I forgot to mention is that (and for whatever reason) I cannot activate Line Crossing Detection unless Recording Schedule is disabled, otherwise the following error message is prompted:

Just wondering if this confirms there's an issue to firmware V5.3.8?

Thanks to all for your kind assistance so far.

Cheers,

Attachments

Frankosor

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score

I haven't see that you live in Australia, so i didn't know how to proceed with the support, but here you may
find some informations because it seems that you have a original box, so you must have support from Hikvision (hope so)

• Hikvision Oceania
  • Unit 14a, 2 Eden Park Dr, Macquarie Park NSW 2113
  • Tel: +61 2 8599 4233
    Toll Free: 1300 557 450 (Australia only)
    Email: salesau@hikvision.com

whoslooking

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score

check to see if the recording schedule is set to continuous somewhere, as the Smart Event won't work if its already recording.

DonIsGood

n3wb
Reaction score

@Frankosor, many thanks for the heads up regarding the contact details in Australia! I never knew Hikvision has a presence here but I'll definitely touch base with them to see what they have to say....

Cheers!

devastator

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score

I am curious to know what this would mean ?

I ordered from a local shop here, and I got brown and Red/White boxes (of the same camera even ...)

DonIsGood

n3wb
Reaction score

check to see if the recording schedule is set to continuous somewhere, as the Smart Event won't work if its already recording.
Hi @whoslooking, thanks for the tip. The Recording Schedule is set to All Events, unfortunately the Smart Event still wouldn't work :(

Cheers,

Frankosor

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score

@devastator Red/White boxes are "normally" original cameras (USA Firmware or English )
brown box
could be from chinese market

This is from Aliexpress reseller, but it could be different from American reseller / OEM, i prefer let speak the "veteran mariner" of the
forum instead to talk nonsense

devastator

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score

Well, I bought them from a Dutch reseller.
They seem to work with a hikvision NVR though ...

DonIsGood

n3wb
Reaction score

Well, I bought them from a Dutch reseller.
They seem to work with a hikvision NVR though ...
Hi @devastator, just wondering if your Cam sends Email when line crossing detection is trigger? Also, does it have "Trigger Channel" under Line Crossing Detection to record to MicroSD card? Last but not least, which version is your 2202I on - V5.3.8?

Cheers,

DonIsGood

n3wb
Reaction score

Here's is a quick update re where I am at in case anyone is interested...

The Aliexpress Seller's Engineer offered to remotely resolve the issue via videoconferencing, and after spending 6 (painful) hours to go through every setting that I have already been through prior (including resetting the cam), the Engineer was unable to understand why Trigger Channel is missing from Line Crossing Detection to record to MicroSD either.

All they could advise was that:
1) Line Crossing Detection could record photo but not video to MicroSD card
2) Line Crossing Detection could record video to NVR only
3) They have got no idea why Line Crossing Detection wouldn't record video to MicroSD card

Thinking out loud, just wondering if anyone else is on Firmware V5.3.8, and is experiencing the same issue I am experiencing (i.e. unable to record to MicroSD card using Line Crossing Detection)? Any feedback would be much appreciated. Thanks.

Cheers,

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score

I really dont think its worth wasting all this time on the camera. Return it and move on..

devastator

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score

Hi @devastator, just wondering if your Cam sends Email when line crossing detection is trigger? Also, does it have "Trigger Channel" under Line Crossing Detection to record to MicroSD card? Last but not least, which version is your 2202I on - V5.3.8?

Cheers,
I'd have to check. But i do have 'Trigger Channel' there for sure.

DonIsGood

n3wb
Reaction score

I'd have to check. But i do have 'Trigger Channel' there for sure.
You're awesome @devastator! If you could check that would be much appreciated! Thankyou!

Cheers!