Hikvision DS-7600NI-I2 (DS-7608NI-I2 or DS-7616NI-I2) H265/4K/12MP

Michelin Man

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
You can buy them on ali. They're about US$400, those are the POE models 8 channel. I only found 2 ones when I looked.

If anyone finds the 7608/7616NI-I2 without POE let me know.

EDIT: Interesting, seems the price has dropped since last time I checked, they're getting cheaper. Its about US$320 for the 7608NI-I2/8P.

Actually, one of them with postage is about US$400.

Last edited by a moderator:

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
They all so look cheap and nasty build quality.
You think this is because they are for the China domestic market? Same as they get the plastic cameras.

I haven't actually seen one but the spec sheet didn't mention built-in PoE

Michelin Man

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
It's the NI model so following conventional nvrs this is the international model. The sellers did say its the international model but we all know what that means.

I asked them if they had a non-POE model and they said they did but I'd have to wait 25 days for them to order it from Hikky.

I did find that interesting how the specs didn't list any info for POE. However, from what I can see most people buy the POE models so it'd be a bit stupid of them not to make one. Hell, I even bought a POE model even though I didn't plan to use it just in case ai relocated or changed setups.

Michelin Man

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
It now seems that both sellers don't actually stock the NI-I2 series, they are all order in with about 25 days wait time. Don't know how legit that is. They say they have plenty of NI-E2 models though.

So if you purchase be weary.

whoslooking

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
You think this is because they are for the China domestic market? Same as they get the plastic cameras.

I haven't actually seen one but the spec sheet didn't mention built-in PoE
Yes, I was thinking that the picture image is a chinese market model,
NOT the world market model.

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
For now, it's best to stick to DS-76xx-NI-Ex/xP or DS-76xx-N-Ex/xP.

We know they work and there is little upside in getting NI-I anyway. I can't see Hikvision dumping H.264+ anytime soon.

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Thanks for adding nothing except spam to this thread.

Back on topic: I notice there is a PoE edition on Hikvision's website now. But what cameras would I use with this NVR instead of the 7608? And does it support H.264+, which is more relevant to most of us here?

n0fx

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Would these be used for the new 4MP and 4K cameras that are coming out? I noticed only 2 sellers on aliexpress selling them, so it looks like it's still limited supply for now.

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Would these be used for the new 4MP and 4K cameras that are coming out? I noticed only 2 sellers on aliexpress selling them, so it looks like it's still limited supply for now.
New 4MP cameras run fine on DS-760xNx-Ex/xP models. They (I2) will also work with the 4K cameras when they come out. I wouldn't hold your breath. I'm not convinced 4K will be better. I'm still very pro the 1080p stuff.

Michelin Man

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
All the 4K stuff including the I2 is still fairly new. Not many people know about it or they're not willing to risk buying something new. Most people probably don't need 4K anyways. Its takes up heaps more space in terms of HDD space.

I'm still waiting on the day when theres affordable 4K PTZ cameras with day like colour night vision.

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
The thing is MM, top-quality 1080p will be better than cheap 4K (and by cheap I mean sub $1000). None of our 2MP/3MP/4MP stuff is anywhere near as good as SD TV.

I don't want people getting sucked into that more megapixels is better marketing stupidity.

DemonicHawk

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
The thing is MM, top-quality 1080p will be better than cheap 4K (and by cheap I mean sub $1000). None of our 2MP/3MP/4MP stuff is anywhere near as good as SD TV.

I don't want people getting sucked into that more megapixels is better marketing stupidity.
Do you mean HD TV? Cause I'm pretty sure I'd rather watch my camera footage than SD TV.. unless you're talking about night footage, in which case I'll take the SD TV :laugh:

Michelin Man

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score

One thing I forgot to mention is price. Obviously 4K stuff cost more than the typical 3MP and 2MP stuff.

That argument works for everything really. I do get where you are coming from. Its the typical thing with cameras on phones and when point and shoots were popular. The megapixel war was what I call it, where manufacturers were trying to release cameras with a higher number. Because everyone as you know believes bigger is better. I have a Sony W50 camera that's 6mp it takes heaps better pictures than cameras with 13mp and etc, in some cases the 6mp sensor was larger than the ones with 13mp.

The other thing with that is some manufacturers don't even use a real 1:1 sensor as in 13mp camera has a 13mp sensor. They would use a smaller sensor and interpolate the image to make it larger.

For the stuff about our cameras are not as good as SD television or even HD television I never said it was. The commercial grade cameras they use for broadcasting cost easily $15k or so. I'm not into broadcasting equipment or even video cameras as I mainly do photos. Also the lenses on those cameras can cost more than the camera alone. Same goes for SLRs/DSLRs optics play a huge role, you could whack an expensive lens on the cheapest DSLR canon make and turn out great photos compared to an expensive 1D for example with a cheaper lens (although you can't really get too cheap on a EF mount).

Video that was recorded on 'high quality' equipment that is then re-encoded and resized into a stream into our television still looks heaps better than one shot at that lower resolution. Reason being is that quality was never captured in the first place. In the ones where it's been re-sized and etc the detail was there, it has just been distorted.

Another thing is resolution doesn't exactly equal image quality. Many people don't know what. It just allows you to blow up the image more eg when printing a photo. With a high quality image you could blow it up quite large without much distortion. Perfect example is those large LCD screens that still run only at 1920x1080p the pixels are bloody huge. If you get that same 1920x1080p signal and put it into a smaller screen with a higher PPI the image would seem soo much clearer.

Pixel size, density, noise, low light performance and etc all come into play as well.

Now at the end of the day. We can't bag the 4k stuff yet, for one we have not seen what it is like. It could be good it could be crap. Could even be a 3MP sensor that has been 'digitally' enlarged to give us a 4K output (although that'd look pretty shit). 4K stuff is in-progress at the moment especially for 'cheap' IP cameras, so I'll take progress over staying the same.

Anyways just my 2 cents. (can't get you much these days)

Michelin Man

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Ali vendors seem to be a bit slow with the newer models. Hopefully they actually start stocking them. So people can order then and give us feedback.

n0fx

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I took a few snaps of my DS-7608NI-I2/8P. I ordered it last October, took over a month to get it. I installed it and it works good. The menu graphics look a bit different than what I'm used to here. It's running FW 3.3.6 in English.

IMG_8661A.jpgIMG_8653A.jpgIMG_8657.JPGIMG_8658.JPGIMG_8659.JPGIMG_8656.JPG

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator: