Hikvision DS-KB6003-WIP Wi-Fi Doorbell chime?

maximosm

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
The psu write how many watt is. If it is at limit then probably this is the problem. If not than you can check WiFi. How long is the distance between the router and doorbell.

Gesendet von meinem MI 9 mit Tapatalk

RikP

n3wb
Reaction score
Got it, I will check on that thanks.
Anyone know the value of the resistor that it comes with? I cant find mine so just wondering.

Ron C

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Got it, I will check on that thanks.
Anyone know the value of the resistor that it comes with? I cant find mine so just wondering.
If I remember it correctly, it's 30 Ohms, but I think you'd need a "power resistor", although I used a regular resistor and that works.

Ron

Ron C

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hello,

I am trying to put a relay into the doorbell circuit, using the hikvision (type) doorbell. I bought an Elk 930 doorbell detector and that "mostly" works. The problem is that when the doorbell is doing "other things" like connect to something, or I pull an image from it, or when it detects motion the power consumption is apparently high enough, to trigger the Elk 930.

So I am wondering if I'd need something similar as what the the Ring doorbell people came up with, a so called "Pro Power Kit" a small package that, from what I hear, has a power resistor in it, with some logic, that makes sure that most of the power is fed to the camera, and doesn't set of the chime, (and consequently the Elk 930).

Any ideas on how to do something similar? would the Ring "Pro Power Kit" possibly jst work with the hikvision doorbell?

If the hikvision doorbell actually loses the circuit completely, briefly, when the button is pushed, it possibly would work?

Any ideas, did anyone try something else/custom?

thanks,

Ron

digitalvt

n3wb
Reaction score
I have the 12v DC version and can power the device directly via 12V at the door, but when I connect it via the chime, the wifi doorbell tries to power up, with the red led cycling but doesn't power up successfully. I've tried various wiring combinations without any success. Any ideas? Thanks!

Attachments

concord

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Hello,

I am trying to put a relay into the doorbell circuit, using the hikvision (type) doorbell. I bought an Elk 930 doorbell detector and that "mostly" works. The problem is that when the doorbell is doing "other things" like connect to something, or I pull an image from it, or when it detects motion the power consumption is apparently high enough, to trigger the Elk 930.

So I am wondering if I'd need something similar as what the the Ring doorbell people came up with, a so called "Pro Power Kit" a small package that, from what I hear, has a power resistor in it, with some logic, that makes sure that most of the power is fed to the camera, and doesn't set of the chime, (and consequently the Elk 930).

Any ideas on how to do something similar? would the Ring "Pro Power Kit" possibly jst work with the hikvision doorbell?

If the hikvision doorbell actually loses the circuit completely, briefly, when the button is pushed, it possibly would work?

Any ideas, did anyone try something else/custom?

thanks,

Ron
Try using a 10 to 12 Ohm resistor, as shown in this video (he's using a Ring doorbell, but the concept is the same):

sunilbass

n3wb
Reaction score
Ok, found a video where he uses a Ring doorbell. It includes a "power kit" module, which is only a power resistor. He goes thru and shows the connection to a mechanical doorbell then switches to an electronic doorbell using a relay....

Hi,

Thanks for this video suggestion. I tried to look for the ring power pro kit but i thought id try some resistors i had knocking about in the garage.

It seams with a db 120 aw, you need 2x 470 ohm resistors (5w i think) in parallel to get a 24ac relay and the doorbell to work correctly. I.m going to connect the relay to a wireless doorbell we have and are use to, the relay will be hardwired onto the existing switch.

Hope it helps someone as ive been looking for info for a while now

20200119_162936.jpg
20200119_162946.jpg

cam190679

n3wb
Reaction score
Got one of the DS-KB6403 which is now 12v Powered it up and connected it without a chime so far. I have Hik-Connect installed on multiple devices and when it rings it rings on all which is good. However when I answer on one device the others still ring. Anyone help with this please?

sparker

n3wb
Reaction score
Hey guys, I thought I'd share my experiences with this camera aswell.

Firstly I am not using the remote functions so cannot compare it to ring etc as I'm basically using it as a doorbell and IP camera attached to my Hikvision NVR

I have wired it up to the Byron 772 doorbell using a plug in 16vac model train transformer, the doorbell functions well although it's not the loudest chime.

The camera quality is great although as others have shown the IR at night is unusable, to solve this I've disconnected the IR Leads and now I have a great picture.

The unit itself was very easy to open, four screws hold the back on, I removed these and disconnected the header cables then removed the 3 silver and 2 black screws, uncliped the PCB and you'll see the IR LED headers on the board below, unplug these and reassemble the unit.
Not really keen on taking it all apart, but what about just using black permanent marker over the IR LED spots? Would that do the trick?

mikemod

n3wb
Reaction score
I have just realised that my DS-KB6003-WIP version keeps ringing at the unit after the bell is pushed, like the button is stuck down, it stops when you answer via the app or times out eventually.

Is this normal?

Matt2_uk

n3wb
Reaction score
Hey guys, I thought I'd share my experiences with this camera aswell.

Firstly I am not using the remote functions so cannot compare it to ring etc as I'm basically using it as a doorbell and IP camera attached to my Hikvision NVR

I have wired it up to the Byron 772 doorbell using a plug in 16vac model train transformer, the doorbell functions well although it's not the loudest chime.

The camera quality is great although as others have shown the IR at night is unusable, to solve this I've disconnected the IR Leads and now I have a great picture.

The unit itself was very easy to open, four screws hold the back on, I removed these and disconnected the header cables then removed the 3 silver and 2 black screws, uncliped the PCB and you'll see the IR LED headers on the board below, unplug these and reassemble the unit.
Hi all,
I'm interested in the IR disconnection as I've got that same ir bounce issue with mine.
I've followed this guide and pulled out the two connectors on the lower board which has stopped the IR but now I think it's also stopped the IR filter operation so at night even though the area is lit up by a external IR illuminator it doesn't help the doorbell as the filter is still in place. I seem to remember I had this problem on an old foscam camera I had looking through a window and that needed a resistor to mimic the IR LED load in order to get the filter going again but I've not seen that mentioned here/elsewhere?
Cheers, Matt.

Matt2_uk

n3wb
Reaction score
Got one of the DS-KB6403 which is now 12v Powered it up and connected it without a chime so far. I have Hik-Connect installed on multiple devices and when it rings it rings on all which is good. However when I answer on one device the others still ring. Anyone help with this please?
Hi, I had that issue about a year ago and didn't find an answer other than only having the app on a single device. There has been an App update in the last month so a slight chance it's helped. My guess is that it's the doorbell that pushes a notification out to the Apps and there's no equivalent cancel signal pushed out if one device answers which to me might mean a firmware issue?

sparker

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi all,
I'm interested in the IR disconnection as I've got that same ir bounce issue with mine.
I've followed this guide and pulled out the two connectors on the lower board which has stopped the IR but now I think it's also stopped the IR filter operation so at night even though the area is lit up by a external IR illuminator it doesn't help the doorbell as the filter is still in place. I seem to remember I had this problem on an old foscam camera I had looking through a window and that needed a resistor to mimic the IR LED load in order to get the filter going again but I've not seen that mentioned here/elsewhere?
Cheers, Matt.
I don't have an experience with an additional external IR illuminator, maybe it is interfering somehow?

Here is mine, also with the two cables disconnected. Before it was just a smudge of light and I couldn't make anything out at all
SNAG-0002.png
The street lamp definitely interfered with the IR illuminator in the doorbell.